View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 09:12 AM #15 (permalink)

City: Stevenage
State: Hertfordshire
Diagnosed: 07/2016
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
WendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of light
City: Stevenage
State: Hertfordshire
Diagnosed: 07/2016
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
WendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: many clean emg's but symptoms

To be diagnosed you need to have clear indications on your clinical exam and your EMG. You don't so you don't have ALS.

When I had my first EMG I had a limp in my right leg and a slight tendency to drop things in my left hand. I had zero symptoms anywhere else! The EMG was thorough and tested my whole body arms legs ribcage back throats neck. It showed abnormalities in every area tested. That was summer 2015 my condition has worsened significantly but I still have some areas that have no clinical symptoms that I am noticing this is over 18 months later.

So the EMG's you had were not done too early. Several doctors have told you this they are the experts, several people on here have told you what you are describing doesn't sound like ALS. You need to go back to your general doctor and get them investigating what could be causing your issues. If you try to push for investigation in one particular area you could delay the diagnostic process. Be open to other solutions, by all means keep pushing your doctors for answers give them room to work.

Good luck

Wendy