View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 05:26 AM #1 (permalink)

City: Lancaster
State: PA
Diagnosed: 12/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
tripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of light
City: Lancaster
State: PA
Diagnosed: 12/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
tripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of light
Default Sleeping and Breathing

For the last week I am unable to sleep very much because even with my Bipap on I cant get breath lying down. My Bipap is adjusted to the "highest" setting according to the therapist.

I do have an adjustable bed but have never been a person who can sleep sitting up or on my back. So I have it inclined to as much as I can handle. I try and sleep in my recliner but again I can't really sleep sitting up.

I do not take any prescriptions, but have been taking Melatonin, it helps with immediately falling a sleep but then I wake with "air hunger", I fall asleep for a short time, wake again and repeat.

I know my breathing has taken another turn for the worst but I would like to sleep.

Thoughts or suggestions?