Reason
Other
Country
UK
State
Scotland
City
Glasgow
Hi there I'm a 24 yo female living in Glasgow Scotland, I feel that looking back maybe my right hand hasn't been as strong as the other hand though this all started around 5 days ago I was on nightshift (I'm a critical care nurse) and when I was writing up my notes i noticed I had a really sore wrist said to one of the girls about it as it was like sore with also numbness sensation she said aw it's probably a trapped nerve or something of the sort.

So that was fine came home went to bed as usual but when I woke up it was still feeling weird the best way to discribe it is as though I have a weight attached to my right arm. I can still move it around normally but found it uncomfy and arm a bit shakey when lifting 1 year old. I've also been having twitches all over my body I've had the odd one before over the years like you see your leg twitching and move on and forget about it but now it's like wee ones all over they DEFINETLY started after the hand got sore.

I know I sound stupid but this is day 3 I havent slept or ate for days I have the worst panick attacks in the world my legs have been agony but that has passed and I think it was because of the anxiety. I'm convinced I've got this I'm almost turning into a zombie with the NOT sleeping please someone help me/ give me some reassurance. Thank you x

ps I've tried things like doing buttons up opening a door ect and I can do them all fine but arm does feel weak and a bit numb currently 4:36 still haven't been to sleep have had to take a friends diazepam to try and stop myself from shaking with the panic. Please can someone let me know if this sounds like ALS/MND i have to go back to work for 4 12 hour shifts and I honestly don't have a straight thinking head on just now because I'm panicking so much

Last edited by a moderator:
Briony- Go see a doctor for your symptoms. It sounds like you are very frightened and require some professional medical assurance. Especially if you are taking drugs not prescribed to you. That's dangerous. Your need appears to be urgent- but it's not likely to be ALS.

Best wishes

Would you say thought that my symptoms don't really sound like als ? I'm going to call my GP in the morning but it's classic NHS won't get an appointment for about a week so just looking to put my mind at rest slightly about my symptoms until appointment comes round

Had you read the sticky titled READ BEFORE POSTING you would already have answered your questions.

Please do so now.

Briony, you don't have MND. Everyone has a weaker hand/arm and everyone tweaks it from time to time. There are good hand ex vids on YouTube and it's good to do stretches every morning especially before you start lifting and fine motor movements. Please get yourself together before you go back on shift -- call out if you have to -- your patients deserve that much.

Best,
Laurie

Bri, I don't know why you're here. You didn't mention anything that would make me think of ALS. Go with confidence; we know what we're talking about.

Thank you so much:) I'm going to make an appointment tommorow if anything to sort out my anxiety because I can't carry on like this. I feel like such a hypocrite but I think because all I do is see people with the worst of everything it reinstated it could happen to anyone. Thanks you for replying it means a lot to me.

I'm having a severe panick attack right now about muscle wastage and your going to all tell me I'm crazy but please I seen a photo some diagnosed posted on here and I'm sure it's what I've got on my numb hand.

Attachments

• IMG_4905.jpg
    IMG_4905.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_4904.jpg
    IMG_4904.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 348
Briony, the people here will not be able to help lessen your anxiety about your symptoms no matter how many times you post. The only person to do that would be an in person visit with a doctor. Please stop posting pictures and see a health professional. Being here does not help you in any way, and increases the burden of those on this forum who are dealing with ALS/MND. This is no place for someone having a panic attack- it's just simply not an anxiety forum.

Best wishes

For a severe panic attack, you might want to see a doctor quickly.

You are not crazy. You have a disease we know nothing about. We can't help you.

Sorry to keep posting guys! Seen my doctor twice now my hand seems to resolve then get worse then resolve again I'm aware that this is not inkeeping with MND symtoms. I am though suffering from conditious twitches in my legs, no weakness that I can identify just constant twitching ? He said he wasn't concerned about the twitching but I'm not going to lie how many MND cases have the doctors in Glasgow seen prob 1 prob 0.. he's reluctant to refer me to neuro at the moment as he doesn't feel it's nessesesry. I can't even request this as it's the NHS and obviously I can't pick and choose what I pay for/ want to see. I'm so worried that ever twitch thats more
Muscle death and it's horrible. I'm going back to work on Friday after all this anxiety and just looking for some info regarding this thay might put my mind to ease before i go back in two weeks to see my doctor. I've read your sticker at the top but also read other people saying that twitches was there first symtoms.

I've done that and he says not to worry about that. 'I actual explanation. Said if I contuniued to have numbness I would need referred but obviously not at this point. I can accept that as the symtoms are not persistent in my hand. Wish this legs twitching would stop it's like wee fireworks going off all the time ��

Briony,
It might be worth while asking your GP for some help with the panic attacks and anxiety these symptoms are causing you.
Wendy

Looking for some advice

So it's week four now with these symtoms. Twitching in my legs my foot seems weird as though when I take a step my toes curl under but I do have weird toes that seem to click out when I walk so I don't know if this is a natural coping mechanism I've realised I do. I've had severe cramps in my legs also. Hand still feels stiff at times. The reason I'm back here is ive seen my Dr 5 5 times now 2 didn't even examine me and 3 who were concerned and said it was anxiety. Today I wasn't anxious I know my anxiety absolute agony with the cramps and twitching. Called my GP who has now said he refuses to refere me to neuro. I've read almost everything on here I'm so confused. /9 people are saying you don't get cramps and pain some are saying that's how it started some are saying twitching comes later some are saying that was there first symptom. I hope so badly this is nothing but when my dr won't refere me I feel I've got no where else to turn about this. I realise i prob sound anxious ect ect but my immediate panic has passed now and I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm getting married in 12 weeks and please no one way it's the stress of that that's causing it because it's really really not. I don't feel stressed at all about the wedding. Just wondering what to think and what I can do x

Mod note: Please do not open another thread. I have moved your newest post to your original thread to ensure your posting history is all in one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back