View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 06:12 PM #11 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trilogy cleaning & maintenance

You guys are too kind. I wish!

As a reminder, I have the full clinical manuals for the 100 and 200 as needed but prefer to advise on adjustments 1:1 since everyone's different.

As far as the cleaning instructions, hydrogen peroxide and what-not is more likely to irritate or get into the wrong place than help. Since people here are getting care at home, and not reusing equipment, it doesn't make sense to me to clean with something that you have to completely rinse away for safety's sake.

I lean toward a warm water rinse and/or soak, with dish soap, diluted vinegar or baking soda, depending on what we're washing.

Sharon, apart from checking the bacterial filter (if there is one) to make sure it's clean, if Frank is doing well, I wouldn't worry. How you take care of him to minimize pathogens is the key, and obviously you're doing it right.

Best,
Laurie
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lgelb For This Useful Post:
Kathy K (11-13-2016), KimT (11-12-2016), pittsburghgal (11-13-2016)