• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

Julie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave that was a beautiful eulogy. Godspeed to you as you move forward.

Hugs,

Sue

Dave, how beautiful. Go forth, friend, and live life like Julie would have wanted you to!

Becky

Dave, thank you for sharing Julie's lovely eulogy. Those of us who have followed your story know how much of yourself you put into Julie's care and concern for her wellbeing. May you always remember her happier days. All the best to you.

V

I have collected Julie's ashes. I have brought her home

I thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for all the messages.

Dave X

Thank you for sharing that with us Dave. It was so beautiful. I could feel your love for her. I'll be praying for you as you move forward.
Peace and blessing to you in the coming days.
Margaret

The grieving process is very individual & unique to the person who has lost a partner. I do not expect anyone to understand what goes through the minds of a partner that has been left behind unless they have been in that position themselves.

Children, family members and friends will have their own views on what I should do next, but surely that is my decision, yes?

I will mourn the loss of Julie, but in my own way and as I see fit. I have thought long and hard about my decision to continue my life story and I think it is best to continue this without judgement from those that never knew the real story.

I just want to be happy... I am in my second third of my life right now so why would I not want to find happiness?

I wholeheartedly agree your life and your happiness are up to you. And of course you deserve to be happy. It's going to be a tough enough for you to navigate your way after what you have lived through, it's a shame you can't count on who is left to understand your journey. You can always vent here and find compassion and understanding. Best of luck to you.

Hi Dave, we don't know each other as m husband passed before you joined, but I have read some of your posts and send you my deepest condolences.

Thank you friends...

It's been just a little over 3 weeks since Julie's passing and the worst part, which might seem selfish, is the loneliness, I am not coping too well with that, it's so quiet at home now coupled with the fact that I am not getting out too much is not helping either... But, I suppose I will get used to that...

I have spent the last couple of days going through all our / my photo albums, we / I have a lot of them and I made up three 2 foot x 1.5 foot glass photo frames of all the best photo's I could find, not just of Julie but of my family going back to my Mum's Father to present day and made 3 lovely collages for my home walls.

I have managed to change my name on the rent book from a joint tenancy to just myself, I still have to wait and see if I can still live here now that Julie has passed, I do not know how long this will take and / or / if / when I will know if ever. I just keep my fingers crossed that I will not get turfed out into a single bed-roomed flat...

I have thrown on the sick for 2 months so that I can start looking for a job and if I get one then I can get taken off the 'sick note' at least I £70 a week coming in now rather than nothing but on saying that I have to pay the dreaded 'bedroom tax', so I get about fifty quid a week to live on, so, my stocking up on 2 freezers over the past few months has paid off as I am quite literally living out of my two freezers right now.

There was so much to do, legally, after Julie's passing, more than I ever imagined, it's not the end at the end, not by a long shot... Anyway, I have all the loose ends tied up now so I can look forward to doing something to take my mind of things, what?... I have no idea as I write this.

Anyway, that's my update...

Dave X

I got some good news... I can keep the bungalow. I am not going to be asked to give up my home. Today is a very happy day for me. :)

Dave X

What a great relief! Good for you Dave!

Saddened to hear of your family members responses at such a time. You can't change people but you can change the people you keep close to you. Time to take care of yourself now. My condolences for your loss.

Apologies... I have been on a 'walkabouts' well drive-abouts' really. It's been 7 weeks since Julie's passing. I am OK now, Julie is still with me, my memories, but only the good times, my brain has not forgotten the bad times but the good times are more prevalent.

I am moving on, ready to start work now, it's been a while, being a carer but I need to continue to live my life.

I am no longer angry with the World.

Dave X

Dave, I'm so glad to hear that things are better for you and that you are ready to get on with your life. Thanks for checking in!
Becky

I am so happy to hear that you are doing ok and you are looking forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back