• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

Julie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave, you have my deepest condolence.

You have been the best caregiver Julie could have wished for.

You will remain in my prayers.

Steve

Today... (02:30 Friday 19 Aug 2016)

Firstly, and again, I thank everyone for their messages of support and condolences...

What am I doing today?...

From 10 - 11 I will be with Julie at the funeral directors as by then they should have collected Julie from Barnsley hospital after yesterday's fiasco... Less said about that the better (That was yesterday)...

Once the funeral arrangements have been completed (and paid for) I am off to Julie's doctors to collect the death certificate and cremation documents that I will need to book an appointment to register Julie's death with the registrar at 09:00 next Wednesday (24 Aug 2016)... I do not know why I have to wait for that long but this is the date that the coroner gave me.

The funeral can take place after the 26 Aug 2016, again this date was given to me by the registrar...

Julie's funeral will be a colourful one as she did not want a 'black' funeral, Julie loved colour so as per her wishes her day will colourful.

That is as far forward as I can think right now...

Dave X

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss but am glad that she passed peacefully. That is due to your advocacy and love! I feel like the forum has been with you through your struggles and as a result also feel a loss. Keep us posted on finding your new normal. I know your are a skilled caregiver and advocate. You have mentioned turning those skills into employment. I hope before you pursue this to give yourself a break from care taking and focus on yourself.
Hugs,
Anna

So sorry to hear of your loss. Your story - and your love for your wife - has been read by so many here on the forum. How beautiful that your Julie passed peacefully.
Now wishing you peace and comfort in the coming days and weeks.

Dave, I am sending you a big hug and sincere wishes for your time ahead without Julie. May tears give way to happy memories soon.

OK... All Julie's clothes and shoes have been delivered to the local charity shop...

I have completed the Funeral Directors, picked everything and will pay for the funeral the day before the day which will be at Barnsley crematorium at 12:10 Tuesday 30th August. I cannot get a sooner time as the crematorium is booked up and as my luck has it, it is a 'Public Holiday' the day before...

I have decided that the funeral procession to the crematorium will be started from our house and not the funeral directors, I think Julie would have liked this.

I am still waiting for the death certificate from from the GP, they don't seem to be in a rush in providing this certificate. Hopefully I will get it this afternoon, if not then it will be Monday.

I have to register Julie's death on Wednesday 24th at the town hall.

I still have to decide on the 3 songs for the service at the crematorium (beginning, middle and end) so those that new Julie it has to be Elvis Presley... So I will be listening to Elvis once more to decide which ones to pick

Things are moving a bit swifter this morning...

Dave X

I have just received the call from the GP's telling me that the death certificate has been completed so I can go and collect it. On Monday I will call the Registrar to book an appointment to register Julie's death at the town hall officially.

I should have the Cremation medical certificate on Monday or Tuesday so that I can pass a copy to the funeral director so that he has the correct paperwork to continue with the funeral cremation.

I am nearly there now...

Dave X

Sorry for your loss Dave.

Had a lump in my throat when I were handed the death certificate 30 minutes ago... But I am getting there slowly...
-

Hugs to you Dave.

So sorry Dave...I know how much it meant to be able to hold her hand til she got there. Peace for you brother.

tc

Dave my thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. I'm so very sorry this is such a long drawn out process for you.

Hugs my friend,

sue

I have been working on Julie's crematorium eulogy this weekend with my son and have to make a start, middle and finish.

So, the start (Walk in) music will be Crying in the Chapel by Elvis Presently, the middle will be the home video taken 6 months ago (see video below) and the end will be Jailhouse Rock, again, sung by Elvis Presley.

After the start and before the middle then again after the middle and before the ending will be the 'life & times of Julie Kerwood (all the best bits to celebrate her life)

The eulogy I will show when it has been completed.

Julie's cremation will be at 12:10 30 Aug 2016 at Barnsley crematorium. All are welcome, no invites are being sent, just turn up if you wish.

Dress code... Nothing black and no jeans or tea shirts (Smart & casual please)

This is the last thing I can do for Julie so I have worked tirelessly to get it right. I think I have listen to every album Elvis Presley made to picked the 3 songs that Julie would have agreed too but not make the service sombre, however, sad at the beginning, happy in the middle then joyous at the end...

The Start (Walk in)... (Sound only)

https://youtu.be/00eUebsh68M

The Middle... (Video)

https://youtu.be/DSWsoT3UZzs

The End (Walkout)

https://youtu.be/qka6JrKUM5U

Dave X

Beautiful. She will be dancing from above!

Absolutely lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back