Learn about ALS
Country
us
State
mi
City
grand rapids
Hello,
I am a 23 year old female suffering for three years, and these symptoms have been getting worse. Pain and tremors on my right side. And i mean my entire right side!! From toe to fingertip. Constant tiny twitching with some bigger spasms thrown in there occassionally. There is sort of adent in my right hand. If I use my right arm, it's pain and tremors the whole time! I have what feels like pulled muscles in my right groin area, under my arm, near my elbow and in my calf and ankle. Extremely painful in my right foot when i walk even a little. I cant flex my right shin the same as i can my left shin. My balance has been off for as long as i can remember and sometimes i fall to either side. I'm freaking out!!!! Especially since i leave on a trip to africa soon and i just dont think i will have the stamina i need to do the volunteer work. I get fatigued very easily.

Have you been diagnosed with anything marixkarix? If not have you been referred to a neurologist? ALS/MND is very hard to diagnose and can take some years.
I would not be wasting any time getting onto your GP for a referral to a neurologist.

Good Luck

Aussie + Marix,
At 23 and with these symptoms, this is not MND. Marix, you should see an internist to rule out systemic disease.

Best,
Laurie

I agree 100% with Laurie. This does NOT sound anything like ALS. Go to your primary care physician and find out what is wrong.

Thank you all for your replies! I went to the e.r. in hopes of getting quick testing but the doc told me to make an appt with a neurologist. Im now in Africa and walking everywhere. My atrophy in my right hand cramps up and hurts and is noticable by more than just me. Guess i will have to wait, definitely need to get tested. My right limbs are not only weaker but always sore and spastic. It's my foot, leg, hip, inder my rib,all through my arm, the dexterity in my right hand is gone. When i write, my writing is bad! And i cant draw anymore without my hand getting sore and messing up the lines. It's kind of scary, as i feel i have so many things going for me! Just started dating someone wonderful, i have a steady job, good friends... But these things are just making everything harder... Im always tired and in pain and spasming and it's annoying that i can't keep up!
Anyways, thank you for your resposes again. I will update again when i get tested.

Please get tested as soon as you get back Mari. See a neurologists and make note of all your symptoms and explain to him the best you can. Keep me posted.

Big Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back