Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish my diagnoses was MMN or Fibromyalgia, it sucks having PMA/MND

Thanks for your reply Lenore, yes i did read the stickies however ive also read lots of other reputable websites on dr.google.. which has led me to believe als negins differently for everyone is this true, and not everyone has the same symptoms? Considering asking for an emg. I have no idea how much they cost here in aus.

The EMG will cost you a couple of hundred dollars unless you have a Health care card and if you do a neurologist visit will cost around $65 out of pocket. You have to pay the full visit fee and then claim on medicare.

I do not have a health care card. I paid $640 for my visit yesterday. Might get something back from medicare but not much doesnt bother me. Obviously im happy with the diagnoses however im still very sceptical of the whole 'fibromyalgia' concept. Especially with all my pain and symptoms being a symmetrical etc... but hey who am i to argue with a professional.

whatever msims you DO NOT have ALS, or MND as we call it here in oz.

Staying off this site is now the healthiest thing you can do for yourself. Instead you were here at 11pm and now back at 5.30am. Go start living, this is not healthy behaviour at all!

I wish you all the best.

Msims,
I have had fibromyalgia for 15 years, fatigue and pain has been a constant in my life with it. Neither of these was a factor when I first started with mnd symptoms.

If fibromyalgia is your diagnosis you should really see a rheumatologist and perhaps investigate more for you if you are still doubtful. There are some very effective pain relief options available complementary therapies such as massage and relaxation help and it is very important to have adequate sleep.

If you are not happy that you have the correct diagnosis do keep working with your doctors until everything fits and you have all the help you need.

Good luck

Wendy x

Mayo Clinic recognizes fibromyalgia. Why not visit a fibro forum and compare notes, if you need to be on a forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back