Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
wa
City
seattle
It has been a long time since I have been on the forums haven't even looked at them in I think six months. Please don't think of me as somebody who is loosing their mind with anxiety or is trying to be disrespectful.

I have been struggling with fasiculations and cramping of the legs, arms and hands since last October. In fact there is nowhere on my body that doesn't twitch! I know that these mean almost definitely nothing and have pretty much made friends with them.

Went to the Nero and passed the exam went back 6weeks later passed again went back 6 months after that and passed again! Never had a EMG. Life was good. Till like 2 weeks ago.

One day after a long day at UPS my right leg was FEELING super tired like I had just worked out a bunch didn't think much of it but by the end of the week it was tuckerd out by noon and today before I even headed out on my route it felt spent. (I know feeling means nothing but this is a bit outside of norm.)

I don't even know what to think I just want this to be over I have experienced perceived weakness before and this is different. I can still use my leg no tripping over my toes or scuffing my heal just extremely fatigued.

Should I be overly concerned? this doesn't seem like the start of ALS right?

Please except my apologies if my question is rediculos or a waste of your time I do not want to be a pest and thank you all for all of the help you have given me.

It never hurts to re-evaluate your diet, hydration, sleep and stress. But it's not uncommon to spend too long on your feet and irritate spinal nerves, causing leg issues. Do you stretch before you go to work?

If it progresses to weakness, certainly have it looked at. Meanwhile, maybe splurge on a massage. I don't think ALS is in your future.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you for your response! I do some minor stretches before I clock in at UPS and I consider my diet to be OK it could definitely use some improvements. I'm going to be getting a massage soon and that is a plus. Since this has all started I have certainly had some feelings of of fatigue from time to time but it has always been brief almost like I could forget about it and it was gone I'd call that perceived weakness for sure. However this really seems to be taking up residence in my right leg went to Cabalas today with some hunting buddies and just walking around the store made it feel wobbly and like I had just ran a mile.

Testing my strength has proved to be a complete wast of my time and a catalyst for fear but I tested my leg anyways and can't find anything I can't do toes heals squats. Doing my best to keep busy playing with my kids and spending time with friends just forgetting it and believe it is going to go away.

I guess the hardest thing we find to get across to people is that you just don't 'feel' that stuff with ALS.

You 'feel' perfectly normal, you simply can't do things.

So that is great news.

Only a doctor can test for clinical weakness.

Thank you for that and I know that from all you guys have shared with me. I'm just stubborn maybe a little ignorant to lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back