Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
TX
City
CP
I just read a thread on here about my husband's passing. I was upset to see someone else had posted about my husband. I lovingly cared for him for two years and had every intention of posting about his passing, as I had promised him I would do so. I am upset that I was not able to honor my husband by being the first to post of his passing. The funeral was on Saturday so I am just now getting to do other things. I promised him I would post and feel like I have let him down by not being the first to post. My husband's iPad should have logged me in automatically, but did not. I finally just set up an account for myself and that is where I am posting from now.

Yes, my husband did indeed pass peacefully on July 21st and for that I will always be grateful. He will be greatly missed and I know he appreciated your presence in his life. Thank you to all who helped make his journey a little easier.

Last edited:
I am so sorry for your loss. I haven't seen any posts about Neil's passing until yours. Neil was a special person. Offered so much to others on this forum. I'm glad he is free and all his questions are now answered. Will see you soon Neil.

Vince

So sorry about the loss of your husband, Neil. He posted often here and many of us felt close to him and are deeply saddened by his passing. I am sorry also that you did not get the chance to tell us first, but I can assure you that the people who posted had nothing but loving thoughts for you and Neil, and I'm sure they were getting bombarded by questions.

Please accept our condolences, Neil was beloved member of this forum.

I miss Neil already. Thank you for making the extra effort to post, and you have let no one down. He loved you very much and was fortunate to have you in his life. Much peace and strength to you and your family.

Best,
Laurie

I am so sorry for your loss. Neil was a very special person and he was always a ray of sunshine and he helped so many of us. I also know how much he loved you. You will be on my thoughts and prayers. May his peaceful passing and his love bring you some peace in the days to come.

I have had a heavy heart, waiting for this sad news.

I'm so very grateful Neil got to say goodbye to everyone he loved, and everyone who loved him could be there with him in spirit.

I hope you found the funeral a wonderful memorial to your beloved husband, Neil.

Neil was very special to me. More than most, ever since his first day here.

Neil was an amazing man and I considered him a friend.
He gave so much to everyone here even while battling ALS himself.

I offer you my sincere condolences and am so sorry that you had to lose him to the monster.

A few weeks ago, about half a km down the road a beautiful female koala with a joey in pouch was hit by a car. She is doing well now, she had some internal injuries.

She was named Glory, and the joey was discovered to be a boy and I have named him Neil. Neil was the person who started the whole beautiful trend of PALS receiving native trees on my property, so it just seemed fitting to me to name this joey after him.

When Glory is deemed fully recovered she is going to be released here on my property and she will be released into Neil's tree. I know he would be thrilled about this.

I hope you find a way to some peace quickly. Having lost my own husband to ALS I know it is a very tough journey on the other side. I know that Neil loved you and was very well cared for. Be proud of the love you could show him.

RIP Neil, fly free mate.

You have not let Neil down in any way. Everyone here has been wondering how things went for Neil because they loved him too. Please feel free to keep posting in the past CALS section if you would like to.

Tillie what a beautiful gesture.

Neil indeed would be thrilled.

So sorry for you loss! May peace be with you and your family.

I apologize if I upset you. I inquired about Neil because I missed him. I hope you find peace and comfort knowing so many cared about Neil and your family.

You have honored any promise you had made to Neil. We all understand how difficult it is immediately after .

Hugs to you and your family. Stephanie

I am so sorry to hear this.

Peaceful thoughts to you and your family.

Neil was a great help to me through his post. Will miss him.
You were a great cals. Much love chally

God bless you for being a wonderful CALS. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank You for taking such good care of Neil and being there for him. I think most of us understand how he struggled from the beginning.

This disease is unrelenting for everyone. RIP Neil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back