Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Na
City
Na
I have read the stickies, and have tried to hold back, and not ask, because I feel horrible asking people who actually have ALS if my symptoms sound like ALS.

My story is kind of long, but I will keep it as short as possible.

I have suffered from major anxiety since 2007. I have been on and off medications. I have since then been off ALL medication except the occasional xanax for over 4 years. And when I mean an ocassional xanax, I mean like one xanax every few months.

I finally felt like I beat anxiety a couple years ago, but after doing a lot of running, my first symptom was erection pain. Weird right? Then my anus felt tight. I went to the Dr, and he said just muscle spasm, and nothing to worry about.

Then a few weeks later, I started having bladder pain, it felt like I had to pee 24/7. I was also dribbling A LOT after going pee. It was awful. My Dr. ruled out my prostate and everything. Then my lower back started hurting/spasming around this time. He said that he thought my lower back tension was pressing on nerves causing my bladder pain etc.

After a few massages, this finally went away, except ever since I feel like after I'm done peeing, I have to pull up on my scrotum to get the last bit of pee out b/c my pelvic floor muslces feel a tad weak to push the last tiny bit out. My Dr. is NOT concerned about this.

My lower back has continued to spasm, and stay stiff and tight on and off for 2 years. It can get REALLY bad, and it even once made my legs tremble when going down stairs, but not up stairs. So weird. But that has never happened again.

Now I also get shoulder blade pain really bad. I have MULTIPLE trigger points (aka knots).

I also get sore back muscles. My neck also gets tight sometimes, and gives me tension headaches. One time they got so tight it gave me vertigo.

I also have muscle twitching all over my body at times. Mostly during times of anxiety, but it doesn't have to be. They are noticeable to the human eye. But they do not cause pain. I have had this muscle twitching issue though for about 5 years, and my Dr. says it's NOTHING, and to not worry about it. He said it's probably BFS caused by my anxiety disorder.

I am SO confused, b/c now I'm having to get a massage once a week from my brother.

I have seen my Dr. for this muscle tension/tightness/muscle knot, random pain all over (even in my joints sometimes for no reason), and my Dr. is NOT concerned at ALL.

My Dr. won't say it's fibromyalgia, but he does tell me it's NOTHING TO HAVE ANXIETY OVER. He said anxiety is making it worse.

My brother who is a massage therapist keeps telling me "NOTHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH YOU! STAY OFF THE INTERNET!"

I want to believe it, but the pain is so real, and the symptoms and fatigue can be overwhelming.

Sometimes I feel like my arms get SO fatigued, and shake sometimes when holding a camera or something, but I have not really lost any strength.

I just keep having this irrational fear this could be ALS.

I've asked my Doctor this several times and he keeps saying "ABSOLUTELY NOT."

He is a VERY good doctor who genuinely cares about me. He wants me to go on an antidepressant again, but I don't want to.

Does this sound like ALS?

I feel like if it's been going on for 2 years now, I'd be having some SERIOUS issues.

I can do pushups, walk on my tip toes etc. But sometimes when I flare up with pain, it can make other muscles feel weak and fatigued.

I need to get this ALS fear out of my head!!!

Thanks so much guys!!

My brother and chiropractor thinks its a mixture of my anxiety over the years, and also myofascial pain syndrome.

Does this sound like ALS?

Thanks so much!

Also, sometimes my left heel hurts too on my foot. Just so weird.

Also sometimes my forearm can feel so sore like I worked out the day before. It makes me anxious. :/

My Dr. won't even do an MRI bc he said its not necessary. I do feel like I can trust him, and I do feel if he has seen me for 2 years for tye muscle pain/tension/knots/fatigue issues etc. Then he would DEFINITELY know by now if I had ALS or something serious, right?

The likelihood is there is nothing treatable, but there's no harm in a 2nd opinion. Since the urological sx have been persistent, why not see a urologist?

Best,
Laurie

My Dr. won't refer me to one. :/

Does it sound like ALS? Or should I just get that out of my head? Thanks! :)

I also have a recording of me asking my Dr. "Should I get ALS out of my head bc of the muscle pain?" He said "TOTALLY!".

Seems as if the stickies (no matter how many time I have to read them) point away from ALS.

What you describe is NOTHING like ALS, and I mean NOTHING like it.

ALS is a disease of the brain and nerves - you don't feel anything, you just suddenly can't do things.

You do have major anxiety, and I don't know if you will believe us since you won't believe anyone who has been hands on with you for years.

Please, do everyone a favour and go back on medication mate.

Thanks so much!!!! I'm never coming back here again! :)

You can delete this thread if you'd like!

Please delete this thread ........it is a disgrace to every single member of this forum:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back