Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
VA
City
NOVA
I have no where to express how I am feeling, this place is the only place I could think of.

Because I am totally paralyzed and on a vent we qualified for the medicaid tech waiver, which allows us 16 hours per day of nursing. We live in rural VA so it is difficult to find nurses. We had one since October of last year, but she quit with no notice on Tuesday.

My wife is a wreck, I have 2 young kids and they are stuck in the house with me. If we don't fulfill 200 hours of nursing we lose the waiver, and it took 6 months to get.

I won't go to a home, I would rather die, options are limited I see death coming sooner rather than later

I am really sorry to hear this. Wish I knew a way to help

Are you mandated to hire an agency worker ( which I assume means licensed nurse)? Probably so, in which case seeking out a nursing student on summer vacation won't help..... Wondering if any lpn programs are graduating now. Could you try recruiting directly from a program?

Sorry no other thoughts but wishing that an answer turns up fast!

I have seen chat rooms for nurses, maybe u can find help there... any chance of getting the previous nurse back for a few weeks, to meet the 200 hour requirement... at worst can a nurse fake being there to meet that requirement? how long do u have to meet the 200 hours?

Many nurses are looking for reliable extra shifts and caring for you is lower stress than many other jobs. Post far and wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back