View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 11:53 AM #21 (permalink)

Carol Deboer is an unknown quantity at this point
Carol Deboer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Al,

I am happy to see some people using the forum. I was so upset a couple of months ago, I felt that I was the only one that cared about keeping this thing going. I felt that I did not get any support, I was just giving it. I felt really bad because I felt all alone in this battle. My hope is that this circle keeps going and we continue to live with hope and support from each other, God knows we need it. As for the skydiving. Henry says it was one of the most excilerating things he has ever done in his life. It was 20 years ago, obviously before als, and he jumped single. It was awesome he says. He says go for it, go tandem if you have to, or find a way to rip without your arms if they are that weak. You sound like you are still quite strong yet. Are you still working? And if you are, what do you do? I also think by the sounds of things, that you have a good support system in place. That is the key. With all the changes that are going to take place, and with the ones that already have, you need lots of support and lots of humour. The later being so important. We laugh all the time. It is such good therapy. TBear, you sound like such a big ole Teddy Bear, I think we both have the same sense of humour, a little on the "off" side, but that is good! Henry said to send of photo of myself to you guys, but in all honesty I am going to make you all wait till Christmas! Then I will send you a present to open. You will then get to see the blond bomb dressed as an elf! Or Santas Helper.....Al, do you go to Dr. Strong? Are you going to the clinic on Oct. 12? We will be there that day. Let us know. Anyway, I have to go to work now, but Henry says that you should JUMP......Live to the max.. Take care guys, talk to you soon. I am glad to be back and to have some interaction with my buddies again. Hope the chain keeps going.

Stay Strong... Carol D.