View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 11:46 PM #20 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: NW of Toronto
State: On
Diagnosed: 10/2003
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Al is on a distinguished road
Forum Moderator

City: NW of Toronto
State: On
Diagnosed: 10/2003
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Al is on a distinguished road
Default Article

The article or posting said that taking the Amitriptyline with Riluzole would counteract the effect of the Riluzole. Talked to my GP and he says if I'm worried about it to go off the Amitriptyline. Have an appointment at the Clinic in 4 weeks so unless I can find the article I'll just wait to see what they say. They're the ones that put me on it. You would think that they would be up on their contraindications. We shall see. It sure does dry up your mouth though. Need a bottle of water by the bed and in the am it feels like someone dumped sand in your mouth. Hey TBear you wouldn't happen to have any Dash 7 time would you. Friend of mine is looking for pilots. That is unless you have one of those outrageously high paying jobs at Air Canada. Carol: How old was Henry when he went skydiving? Did he solo or tandem jump and did he have ALS when he did it? I'm a little worried about the arm strength required to flare the chute on landing. Right is not bad but left is a little weaker. As for the wine they did a check of my liver enzymes for the first 3 months and every 3 after and so far they are ok. I asked the doc if I could continue drinking as much wine as I had and he said it probably wouldn't kill me. LOL. Lee is away for a few days so I'll probably have lots of time to be on here so keep on posting folks. Night all.