Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete your posts always bring me to tears. I sure with my DH would drop some of his testosterone once in a while and express what you have, sure would make my life a bit easier knowing he feels all those things.

Bravo for not being afraid to speak it. :)

Man do I sound like a chick! Someone give me a testosterone shot before my man badge gets removed..

Man, Pete, I know exactly what you mean. I was NOT raised to be supportive or nurturing. When we had kids, the most supportive I could be was to be a firm-but-fair drill sergeant.

But the moment ALS struck, I had to put everything I had into giving Krissy all the emotional and physical support she had given me for 20 years. Not at all easy to be as strong and giving as a woman routinely is.

We all see things through our own personal lens. I am a PALS. I live alone and have lived alone for a very long time. I can do anything from changing a tire to trouble shooting all the electronics. I've never really had a man whom I let do everything for me. In fact, I probably enabled them to depend too much on me, for everything, including providing a decent standard of living.

Now I find myself able to do less. Everything takes more effort and I will eventually have to give up more and more. My lens is a scary one.

PALS - Be glad you have a CALS
CALS - Be glad you have/had a partner to help you through a portion of your life. You will make it through. What are the other options?

Thanks Kim - the biggest thing for me as a CALS was to choose every single day to stay and look after Chris because I loved him and wanted to do this.

I would often think, in the hard times, what if we had not met and he had to go through this disease with his (hopeless) kids trying to look after him. It always made me feel that I was proud to have met my soul mate and give him what he deserved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back