Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
US
State
NY
City
Queensbury
When it gets to the point that the PALS can't move at all do they make any sounds at all? Like grunts or laughs or anything? Can they control blinking?

Next question- I am always hearing about how people plateau for awhile. Is it possible to never plateau with ALS? In November my mom was have trouble with just one finger by December she couldn't run anymore and was falling here and there, by April she was falling a lot, May she needed her rollator June-now her speaking is affected, she is slurring and can't talk for long.

My sister could blink, and make a sort of groaning noise until the end. My mom too. Unable to blink, make noise does happen but I think relatively uncommon especially if not vented.
Some people never plateau , others do ,sometimes for a long time. My sister had a fairly long one, my mother had a very slow but steady slide

My moms is just going so fast!

Jenny I'm sending hugs. I know how tough this is, I wish I could do more. Know that I'm praying.

Sue

I'm sorry it's been fast. Hoping for you and your mom that this slows down.

Lenore

Honestly it would have to slow down right now and plateau like it is right now. If it gets any worse then to plateau would be a cruel joke.

Understood Jenny. It can plateau for sure, at least for awhile but we just never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back