View Single Post
Old 09-11-2004, 11:10 AM #19 (permalink)

City: Uxpatch
State: ON
Interest: My wife lost her battle with ALS in 2001
TBear is an unknown quantity at this point
City: Uxpatch
State: ON
Interest: My wife lost her battle with ALS in 2001
TBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Al:
I haven't been to Airventure for a couple of years... and I still do fly (commercial rotary and fixed wing). It's been my life for over 30 years. Ironically, my wife would never go with me... too dangerous! The weather this summer has been brutal to say the least, but a little cloud cover is sometimes a relief at Oshkosh... so long as it doesn't disturb the airshow!

We never had any problems with combining Amitriptyline and Riluzol... we did, however get a stern talking to from the V.O.N. over Mary's wine consumption while she was on Amitriptyline... apparently the glass or two with dinner each night could have caused her to become incapacitated! I reminded the V.O.N. that she'd already given up operating heavy equipment which didn't go over real well with the case manager. I was given a stern reprimand by our family doctor who then asked me to cut her consuption down... I asked how much down... she said "oh... lets say a bottle a day!" At least somewhere there are people who have both a sense of humour and have their heads screwed on forward.

Take care Al... and a glass of red goes with absolutely everything! I'm going to try an Italian " Dolcetto d'Acqui" ( about $15.00 at the LCBO) tonight.

T.