View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 01:33 AM #8 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trouble in Paradise

Narrow, Chris's kids said to me, oh dad's never been that good at spelling.

But actually he had been spelling fine for quite a while, and he wasn't trying to spell difficult words, it was really just care needs and basic conversation.

I watched that spelling get bad on quite simple words.

I think that regardless, it helps you all to realise that it could be part of the disease and not to take it to heart. They truly don't realise the cognition is declining, and even if they do suspect it's so frustrating they try to blame everyone else.

Chris would say that people just couldn't be bothered trying to understand him speak. His speech was incredibly poor, but he was sure it sounded ok ...

I learned to take his insults with a grain of salt, not point out that he was messing up, and just try to communicate. Not easy, but far easier than letting him get me all worked up!