Thread: Pain all over
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 12:23 PM #13 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
KimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud of
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
KimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pain all over

I've been to three top-notch ALS clinics. Many doctors dismiss pain, minimize pain, or acknowledge pain but offer no solutions. My local neuro is not like this at all and that's why I go to him on a regular basis. He and I came up with a formula for my current pain and will work together in the future.

Right now I'm taking 1,200 mg of magnesium, one extra strength tylenol, 5 mg valium twice a day, one advil and various prescription creams and lidocaine. I have an Rx for Oxy for bad pain which I had for three months in my back. It has since dulled down so I stopped the Oxy. None of these meds left me any less fuctional but they did relax me enough to sleep better, get back to playing cards, and get back to church.

I have an adjustable bed (not a hospital bed) that I got about 5 years ago because I like to watch TV in bed and I've had neck issues from a car accident. I added a topper that cost about $200 and it helped a lot with comfort.

Voltaren gel helps a little. It is Rx in the US but OTC in other countries.

Heating pads help a bunch, for me. I sit on one and put one under my legs at night on a low setting.