Thread: South of 50
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 07:13 AM #7 (permalink)

City: Lancaster
State: PA
Diagnosed: 12/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
tripete is a splendid one to beholdtripete is a splendid one to beholdtripete is a splendid one to beholdtripete is a splendid one to beholdtripete is a splendid one to beholdtripete is a splendid one to behold
City: Lancaster
State: PA
Diagnosed: 12/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
tripete is a splendid one to beholdtripete is a splendid one to beholdtripete is a splendid one to beholdtripete is a splendid one to beholdtripete is a splendid one to beholdtripete is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: South of 50

I have also been under 50 for about 6 months now. My MEP/MIP are also very low. The hard part was when my doctor told my that my my MEP/MIP numbers where "critical". But at my next test, three months later when the numbers only moved a point or two down they all seemed happy that by their way of looking at it things had stabilized. Since that last test it is getting harder to finish a paragraph without having to stop to breath. So I expect the numbers continue to head south.

All of that said, what is important as how we react to it. At first it shocked me and inside I was "wringing my hands" over it. But as the weeks progressed we went on a trip to the north Atlantic, to NYC and just continue to try and enjoy each other with what ever we can. ALS can stop your body but not your spirit if you choose to keep pushing.