Status
Not open for further replies.
wright

Hi Wright,
my appt got bumped to Febuary 18th...now i am having tongue issues...no twitching or swallowing problems, but some speech problems...it feels like my tongue is too big for my mouth, but when i look at it, it looks normal...i did ask the neuro if he would get me some PT...if i can build up my calves and ankles...that would certainly help me in many ways...

Hello Siuska

I know people hate to hear this, but your perception of your tongue might very well be anxiety. Anxiety can cause all kinds of weird things to happen to our bodies. I know that the more anxious I used to get, the weaker my legs felt; I could actually feel them getting weaker (second by second) the more I worried. Hang in there.

P.S. Peripheral neuropathies cause denervation, and therefore can also cause fasics in the affected muscle. Just thought you might want to know.

suiska,
how did your nuero appoinment go on the 18th?

update

well, more tests...trying to figure out why i have Peripheral Neuropathy to this extent...i have the motor axon kind...Sensory NCV was normal, but EMG shows axonal loss...i am back at work, and doing Physical therapy and cymbalta for the pain as i have cramp/fascics...thanks for asking. I will take the PN diagnosis over you know what anyday...i just hope i don't lose any more muscle...

Well if nothing else, you've got the coolest Avatar on here. After mine of course. Have a good weekend.
AL.

Thanks Al,
the image is suppose to induce healing if you look at it long enough, but i dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back