Country
US
State
Fl
City
Parkland
Hello

I had my emg.the MG says l5 S1 nerve radioculapathy injury left leg
I have muscle atrophy and pain stiffness in left leg from past two and half years.first emg was normal two years ago.
The spine does not show anything that impinges the nerve
My neurologist thinks there is something biochemical going on
I am asked to go to university of Miami for further diagnosis
I got an appointment for august
Does an emg read like the above l5 s1 radioculopathy for als??

Please help by responding very very nervous
thanks

If the interpretation was questionable then I do not think it would have been stated that way

Did your doctor recommend of UMiami or did you ask? Could not tell from your phrasing. If you are going to the neuromuscular division see if you can see Dr Benatar nice guy brilliant guy and he will tell it to you straight

My neurologist asked me to go to UM..he asked me to see Dr. Ayyar.also my emg report says for L5S1 nerve..there is an increase in polyphAsia motor units...is that how als positive emg reads?

Was that all they found abnormal? Very non specific and lacking the things you do see in ALS so no it is not an ALS EMG. I do not know dr Ayyar but looking at his credentials he is very experienced!

Yes the emg says radioculopathy and increased polyphasic motor units.But I have hyperreflexia in both legs .muscle atrophy in left leg
..I have had some falls..and my legs shake after half an bour of standing

my symptoms started two and half years ago and first time emg shows abnormal ...worried if its slow progression of als.I also feel like a lump in the throat all the time and constant belching ..not sure if this is related

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back