Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Alaska
City
Kenai
I find myself looking for others looking who might be going through similar experiences. Thank you for letting me come here and share! Any suggestions, hearing ideas, advice is more than welcome.

I am only 9 months into this and we are not sure what the "this" is yet. But I find myself experiencing more and more symptoms more and more often.

I went to the my chiropractor and told him I had this pretty consistent tingling in my chin. He told me if it didn't go away over the w/e I should see my GP. Two weeks later I made an apt w/ GP. The next step -neurologist Along with the tingling in my chin I began to just feel weak all along my left side and other things like more emotional and a general feeling of "blagh".

The Neurologist apt led to two MRIs of my head & c-spine both were normal for the most part. I tried to ignore my symptoms but ended up back at the GP telling him "it just wont go away".
Today, my left foot is always noticeable and I no longer play my guitar because my left hand will not keep going and it gets frustrating. Even making a simple salad this morning rendered my hands useless for about an hour afterward. Other fine motor skills in my left hand and sometimes right are frustrating too. Recently twitching in my right hand has begun and sometimes other areas. The next apt I had was for EMG, NCV OUCH!

Today I'm waiting for the results of more blood tests and for my next apt with neurologist on July 12.

Tingling on chin doesn't count here. Feeling weak all along the side and a blagh feeling are not ALS.

Don't worry about twitching. Lots of people twitch for lots of reasons, or not reason at all.

I'm not clear--did you already have the EMG?

About your left hand. You said making the salad rendered your hands useless for about an hour. That's not ALS. Once a muscle is affected by ALS, it never gets better.

Yes, I had both EMG and NCV

Thank you for your reply! I am relieved to know that what I'm experiencing does not fit ALS.

What i have is progressive at the moment. It started on my left side, has moved to my right hand and it's getting worse. I think that's why I was concerned about ALS.

Best Regards,
Carol

Carol what is happening is concerning, but it doesn't fit what we know of ALS. I hope you will get the EMG results soon and a plan to move forward with whatever strategy the neurologist thinks is best for your situation.

I will just note to you that this forum is for you to ask the members who have ALS, or care for someone with ALS for some feedback. It is not allowed for members who do not have ALS to post on any other thread, so you won't get feedback from other people who may have similar things happening and are worried about ALS. What that does is fuels the fire of anxiety.

Affected,

Thank you! I have noticed that "fueling" is a real problem! I am very appreciative of the few comments I've received. I understand why it is important to protect the threads from "outsiders". This only makes me more thankful for the little information I've been able to gleam.

I really wanted to comment on the few heart-wrenching threads I read, but how could I? I know nothing.

Most Sincerely,
Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back