Status
Not open for further replies.
The worse thing for a PALS is to feel they are a burden to their loved ones. Are they, yes, but you and I did nothing to get this awful disease, and it can happen to anyone.

Your wife should not have left you helpless at the sink all night. She should have put you to bed, and then talk to you in the morning of how overwhelmed she feels. Both of you could have worked on this situation together by getting on this site, as you did, and get some answers to help you. I see a lot of good advice here.

I hope you get the help you need.

Hugs,
Deb

azwxman how are things now a couple of days later?
Have you been able to get to your doctor or clinic and get some help started?

An update: based on your input and that from my daughters, I made the tough decision to get out of my home and get a place with my daughter and her family.
My wife is clearly not interested or able to provide the level of care that I feel I need. I don't hold any bad feelings for her, it's just that, as someone here noted, the job isn't for everyone.
She's not happy that I left, but she loses nothing but a stone around her neck. And I am assured of better care, with no yelling, criticism or anger.
The one big negative is it not longer have my baby with me.

Thanks for the update, Weather Guesser. I agree that, as tough as it is, you made the right decision. VA can change the Payee on your caregiver payments.

I am so glad you have found a resolution.
This was such an incredibly hard situation, but you have done the best thing.
With some time, hopefully you can create a better relationship again with your wife as you all adjust.

Keep posting please and let us know how you are xx

Ditto what Tillie said.

a tough decision, but in my opinion the best for all. blessed be your daughter and family for stepping up to the plate. hang in there !

I was thinking about you this morning and happy to see your update. I'm sure it was not an easy decision. Kudos to you for taking care of yourself.

I'm so happy to hear your daughter stepped up. Maybe with time, your wife can assist. I'm glad you got the help you need.

I am so happy that your daughter is there for you. If your wife truly loves you she will come around and make sure you see your baby. My thoughts are with you as I know this is so tough for you.

Just catching up and was so upset when I read this thread. I'm so glad that your daughter stepped up and that you are safe. I can't even imagine...

Becky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back