View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 09:21 PM #7 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Nuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud of
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Nuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud of
Default Re: Delicate Subject

we're dealing with the same problem here. I think the sling is a big part of the problem. We waited three months for a VA appointment, only to have it cancelled the day before we were to go in--and then rescheduled for another two months later. I made an outside appointment, but the doc wanted to try ointment for a month. He said healing from having them cut would be very painful and difficult (and hubby is on a Roho cushion). Of course, they started bleeding two weeks later. He's supposed to be calling to try to get back sooner, but every day it's something and the call doesn't get made. Tomorrow it's an earache that we'll need to find someone to see...

I appreciate this tread. I will ask about banding when we do get back in.

Oh, we've already had one ER visit over this when one burst and the clot got stuck, holding the hole open, which meant the bleeding wouldn't stop. Now that I know I have my tweezers ready...

Becky