View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 07:38 PM #6 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
KimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud of
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
KimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud of
Default Re: Delicate Subject

I went to the doctor about a month ago for internal hemorrhoids. Prior to my visit I used prep-H suppositories and cream and it helped. The doctor explained that everyone has them. They get filled with blood and hurt and/or prolapse outside. The most successful way he treats them is banding them off. It cuts the blood supply and they drop off within a couple of weeks. He said he has a 95% success rate doing it this way as opposed to surgery or freezing them. It is also done without general sedation....just local. Anyway, even though psyllium took away the constipation causing them I'm getting the banding when I get back from vacation. They do one at a time. He is aware of the ALS and said it's the safest and surest way to treat them. Mine were a result of horrible constipation and straining but sitting down all the time is bad. I would rather have them taken care of sooner rather than later. Call your gastro. Mine would have done the procedure right there but I wanted to wait until after vacation since I'm no longer constipated.