Learn about ALS
Country
FR
State
NY
City
Vienne
Hi all,

I come back on the forum because I am still the same but with a new annoying symptom. My neck is twitching 24/7 since 3 weeks, it is more pronounced at the end of the day where I can twitch 3 times a second but the twitching is constant.

I am still twitching everywhere, less severe than in the neck, with a lot of pains in my legs arch of the foot, calves... So I was wondering if something could be related to als according that I begins with localised twitching. I have told it to my neuro, no answer.

Thanks in advance, sorry to post a new thread but mine has been closed.

Twitching means NOTHING.

Read the sticky again please.

As Tillie says twitching can be anything. The last time you posted you said you were going to have an appointment at the ALS center the following Thursday. What were you told then?

They told me anything, there was no clinical exam so I decided to change and I have an appointement this tuesday with clinical exam and emg in another center.

I took some blood test results of february 2015 and my cpk were at 45 U/L, now they are at 92U/L so I think there is a link and I will tell the neuro.

MY CPK are twice than before and my twitching are constant in the neck, it is really tough to be "undiagnosed" actually because I struggle to walk, up stairs...

More over I have receive one of my 3 emg done by post and I saw that comments on legs limbs : rich track (don't really know the medical word in English), but I have asked to my neuro and no answer too.

I had my emg yesterday and when the neuro used the detection needle, there were little blips sometimes. The doctor told me to rest my leg and I have tried to, but she told me no it is not enough and we could easily hear some noise so I have asked her if it was febrillition potentials, she told me no. When I have read the resume, she wrote that there was no electrical activity at rest, so I am confuses and would like to know more about fibrilliation potential please, what kind of noise. At the moment, I had no twitching on the tested leg so I dont understand why we could hear some noise on the recording?

There is supposed to be noise and there is supposed to be no activity at rest.

Sounds like a clean EMG. You should ask your doctor to interpret the results to you, that's what they are for. Sounds like you are good to go, great news!

Thanks for your answer and concern. The thing is that is was absolutely impossible to talk with her, she was closed, as soon as I have entered in her room. I have just asked is that anormal and related to als, she told absolutely not and told me that I was contracted but I have done all my best to rest this leg and I was convinced to do it right but there was still noise, maybe due to the nerve conduction just before. Anyway, I am still suffering from same pain issue. I fear that she immediately made up her mind befote I entered into the room, I fear to not being really taken in serious...

There is supposed to be noise and she told you absolutely not ALS.

That's as good as it gets!

Tillie is absolutely right. I have had times during an EMG when I thought I had relaxed the muscle and the doctor could tell by the noise pattern it was not fully relaxed. They can tell the difference between not relaxed and abnormal spontaneous activity.

No matter what she thought beforehand if she had seen abnormailities she would have said so. It is time to look for another source of your symptoms. We have told you that we did not think it sounded like ALS, your doctors have told you it is not You should stop pursuing a diagnosis that has been ruled out and start again with your regular doctor and ask not is this ALS but what is wrong with me.

Yes, you are right. I would like to definitively fix those pains. Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back