Thread: Exercise
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 09:24 PM #12 (permalink)

City: Reno
State: NV
Diagnosed: 06/2016
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
faithandlove has a spectacular aura aboutfaithandlove has a spectacular aura about
City: Reno
State: NV
Diagnosed: 06/2016
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
faithandlove has a spectacular aura aboutfaithandlove has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Exercise

Hopefully when I go back to UCSF 6/8 I will be advised of ROM and warm water therapy, and who I will need to see in Reno, NV. I was there all day last month before I was diagnosed, and I think they wanted it all to sink in. All I got was a little diet advice (since I lost 5 pounds) and they do not want me to lose anymore weight.

You're right Tilly, I have to stop doing things in which I can possibly fall. Last year I feed the fish in our pond and was using a cane then. I came so close to falling, and, if I had, it would have killed me with the large rocks or possibly I could have drowned. I then went up to our pool and feel onto the grass and hurt my shoulder (glad it was the grass). A month ago, my dogs came upstairs to our bedroom, and that is not something that is allowed. I forgot I could not walk, got up out of bed (difficult to do now), and fell flat on my face. I then had to crawl down the stairs and was able to lift myself up. I cannot do that anymore.

Wow I'm really sounding negative here. I don't mean to whine and feel sorry for myself. If I have learned anything, bad things happen to good people and you have to deal with it the best you can.

Hugs,
Deb