Thread: Exercise
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 07:57 PM #11 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to behold
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Exercise

I was very happy with warm water therapy. It took a while to figure something out that didn't elicit more spasticity (basically I stood in the water and sort of swirled my arms around and let my legs relax) but I found it really helpful. It was in a group setting with other people at a rehab centre with a variety of CNS and brain injuries. While I did wallow in my own misery due to feeling feeble for part of it, the mild exercise helped with sleep and overall mood due to post-exercise endorphins.
Thanks from
faithandlove (05-31-2016)