Thread: Exercise
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 08:57 PM #11 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud of
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud of
Default Re: Exercise

I was very happy with warm water therapy. It took a while to figure something out that didn't elicit more spasticity (basically I stood in the water and sort of swirled my arms around and let my legs relax) but I found it really helpful. It was in a group setting with other people at a rehab centre with a variety of CNS and brain injuries. While I did wallow in my own misery due to feeling feeble for part of it, the mild exercise helped with sleep and overall mood due to post-exercise endorphins.
Thanks from
faithandlove (06-01-2016)