Thread: Exercise
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 07:44 PM #10 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Nuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to behold
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Nuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Exercise

We were told at the clinic that any exertion that takes more than 45 minutes to recover from is too much. As others have said, if it feels good and doesn't exhaust you, then it's good. Once you pass that point, however, you are doing damage

You have limited amount of energy in any day. Once it's gone you don't get it back, and you can't increase your energy level through exercise. An hour on a bike sounds like a LOT to me, but how long do you sleep afterwards?

The first physical therapist hubby tried put an exercise band on his foot. yep, the one with foot drop. It snapped back an nearly took his eye out. That was his last visit there and now he has PT at home for ROM only.
Thanks from
faithandlove (05-31-2016)