Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks you so much affected, this has bugging me for 4 straight weeks. Have been crying and afraid of everything. I'm studying abroad, so literally had no one to talk about this too. Haven"t told this to my parents because I never want them to worry, so I cropped it all inside of me, and it was so hard. Even now, I feel terrified about everything. This disease is pure evil, and I hope someone will ever find a cure, I don't want anyone to feel like this and I don't want anyone to suffer from this terrifying disease. I hope everything will be allright, will let you know how it goes later on. Thank you so much for helping, even though I was a pain. I appreciate all of you taking you precious time for me.

Guys, I'm probably going to have the emg today. I have one question though. My right arm seems to be more clumsy and using my right arm feels more and more weird. Did you guys had this feeling when it happened? Thanks.

Dt

NO you won't 'feel' anything - read the sticky titled NEW MEMBERS READ BEFORE POSTING. All is explained there.

Good luck with your EMG - the report will have a summary at the bottom, you can let us know what it said when you get a copy of the report.

Did the EMG today, everything was clean, she however measured the biceps, forearm and the arm. She didnt measure my triceps, did she maybe miss something, or am i just paranoid?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's it. DT, you don't have ALS. Your EMG was done properly.

Now get a mental health professional to fix you up.

It's truly amazing how fast all these referrals and tests are going.
Referred to neurologist and ct scan THE VERY NEXT DAY. Wow.

The EMG went from "probably today" to complete in FOUR HOURS. Again wow.

Methinks something stinks.

Yeah, it's a bit weird. I went to the GP first at the university and she forwarded me to a emergency neurologist, CT scan and blood test was done that day, but I had to wait for 6 hours in the hospital. Then the neurologist told me she, advises me to get an emg. The way things work around here is, you can get pretty much a lot of things done here, if you have money. The thing with the EMG is, I went to her office, she did the test and I paid for the service and then done. I know it's really different and I'm pretty sure this can't be done so easily in the netherlands either, but yeah.

Sorry guys, I really dont want to bother you again, but even with the emg I'm still having a bit of concerns, holding glasses with water seems to be fine, but bringing this glass to my mouth now seems to be a bit of a hard task. I have to concentrate very hardly to bring it to my mouth and the movement to it is so stiff and not fluent anytime. Holding the glass steady up is also really hard now and it feels like the shoulder muscles/ back muscles are affected, dont really know.

The reason why i dont 100% trust the emg is because she only checked my biceps. The doctor didn't really see my case, she only asked which part that wants to be checked, and the thing she checked was biceps. So there are still some concerns. It just looks like my upper arm limb is weaker than before. I'm having difficulty with movements in my right arm, and this over the past few month is progressing badly.

I'm still going back to the netherlands to get it checked thoroughly by a neurologist i really trust, so fingers still crossed and thank you again for reading.

And choked on water yesterday and today. This is really bugging me again.

We can no longer help you here. Please continue to consult with your doctor. Also, get some help for your anxiety.

We have given you our opinion and that is you do NOT have ALS.

Guys I'm so sorry to bug you again, but I went to the gp again and showed her my clumsy arm movement. Asked her specifically if it might be als, and she said possibly, and I asked about the emg and she said that a full emg will tell the true story.

I don't know anymore i feel helpless at the moment. Because the movements in my arm are soo stiff alsmost robotic, it has influnce on my daily activities, such as the glass to my mouth like I said and, now I'm also having problems bringing food to my mouth. I'm having wide fasciculations in my body (calves, thighs, butt, lots in the back, arms) although this could be anything. I also feel sort of traumatized, because whenever i see a glass i am like should pick it up, will it be clumsy? I also need to lean a lot on a table now because it feels better for my arm and i dont know moving my right arm feels so weird right now( as in uncoordinated), it's like I'm not supposed to do that movement (alsmost like a broken arm that has had a cast and then taken off, like there is a lack of control) movement such as: pointing something, holding my phone, givijg someone a glass) . My right hand also feels like cramping and this really is stressing me out.

I dont have better days and I dont know what to do, I'm so sorry to ask you again. I know I've been pushing too much, but my emg is in two weeks and the wait is killing me. My mom is here right now and whenever I see her I just break down, but she stays so positive though for me and that kind of helps but, it's not getting better. I hope it's not ALS, and I feel like my symptoms are different than of the other's I've read. Thanks again for reading the whole story. I'm so down right now. I'm still 22 and i know the odds are with me, but still it scares me so much.

I noticed also hypertonia in my right arm, because the muscles in my right arm feels softer than my right forearm :(

Go re-read all the "no" answers you were given.
"Hypertonia"? Quit looking up symptoms. Dr. Google IS NOT your friend.

The EMG should lay this to rest but in the meantime see someone for your health anxiety. Seriously.

DITTO what Greg says - the answer is still NO

Please respect that while you are scared we are actually living with this disease.

Promise yourself now not to post until you have actual test results. If you are too anxious refuse to leave your doctors office until you receive anxiety assistance. See you after the EMG. If you get the impulse to post here, please have your mum come and read your thread.

As a mum I say to dt's mum, please get your child help for this anxiety and keep him off the internet as it is fuelling the fire

Hey guys quick update about my situation:

Ive met my neurologist and he did performed reflex tests, knee reflex was brisk but bilateral negative babinski sign. I told HIM about my situation and he was pretty sure i didnt have als, so he performed an mri which showed nothing and an emg. He sticked needed in my biceps, triceps and also the tibial nerve. Everything was fine, they did see some fasciculations, the EMG however showed that it was clean and he ruled out als.

Situation now: having more difficulties performing tasks: the way i eat is different, lifting a glass and flexing it to my mouth (i always bump into my teeth), muscles also seem to shake more, persistent fine twichting widespread, developed some sort of tremor in my right thumb along with some sort of electric shocks and twitches and the Scariest part for me the loss of dexterity, at the current situation using my right arm is more uncomfortable than my left arm . Bumping to a lot of things with my right arm at the moment(clumsyness movements) and now also have crawling ants feeling(paresthesias) with some jerks

Well if i look at the situation im in it feels kind of serious, these symptoms have quickly progressed over the past 2 months. As I am a biomed student doing practicals are now very difficult to do, but I'm trying to fix this if its possible. Im seeing a therapist right now and I will undergo physiotherapy in a few days, hope this will improve. I would like to Thank you guys for the informative support. Als is still in the back of my mind but I'm trying to get better.

God bless,

Dt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back