Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
VA
City
NOVA
The MDA and ALS association should be ashamed of themselves along with MLB for not partnering up to advocate for this disease

this disease is more known as Lou Gehrig disease, one of the greatest players in baseball. So MLB on mother's day can make this grandiose statement for breast cancer with all the players wearing pink, pink bats, etc. But they can't do something similar for ALS Awareness Month, pathetic!!

The more people who read my paper (still in progress) the more I know so many people, including health providers, are clueless.

It isn't the teams. After the Ice Bucket Challenge, the Blue Jays were all over doing something big last August. It was shut down by MLB. Who knows why? But you'd think the whole Lou Gehrig thing would grease the wheels.
Vincent

Hi,

I emailed the Boston Red Sox and asked if MLB had planned any events or recognition for ALS Awareness Month.
Still waiting for a response.

Hi,

I emailed the Boston Red Sox and asked if MLB had planned any events or recognition for ALS Awareness Month.
Still waiting for a response.

Doubt you will, I have emailed and tweeted mlb, players and sportscaster, no response

As usual the MDA and ALS Association failed to produce anything of merit for ALS Awareness month. What the hell are they doing with all the money from ice bucket challenge.

My attempt to bring awareness to this disease by contacting local sports teams and business was a waste of time, NOTHING. But at Least I tried, more than I can say for MDA and ALS Association. Pretty disheartening

Mbmurray,

I just heard back from the Boston Red Rox and MLB is recognizing ALS Awareness Day on Sept 16

Mbmurray,

I just heard back from the Boston Red Rox and MLB is recognizing ALS Awareness Day on Sept 16

Nice to hear, I am going to keep pestering the nationals
I wonder if they are going to trot out Pete frates, or if they really go all out like they did for breast cancer, maybe have everyone wear Lou Gehrig number

So, I heard back from the DC/MD/VA chapter :

"Finally, Major League Baseball gave significant gifts to the Ice Bucket Challenge. A number of ball parks are very supportive but unfortunately DC and Baltimore have other partners they are supporting. That said, the Yankees are behind us 100% (and understandably so!) and the Phillies are very supportive of our Chapter in Philadelphia."

So basically the ALS Association has no relationship with mlb, it is on a team by team basis, and the Orioles and Nationals, is giving us the old middle finger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back