Diagnosis
11/2011
Country
US
State
PA
City
Pittsburgh
Well, after almost 6 months of my husband trying to use his Trilogy without success, I finally got settings that were working for him, thanks to much help from Laurie. He was using it each night and things were going well.

The respiratory therapist came on Fri. to adjust the settings on the cough assist machine because we just saw the pulmonologist last Wed. and he thought it should be adjusted. Fine. She does this and then walks over to the Trilogy. I tell her that we finally have settings that are working for him so please don't change anything. She says she won't change anything but she needs to install a software update. I ask her if it will keep the settings because I do not have them written down and do not want to lose them. She assures me that nothing will happen and I'm sure you can guess what happened. Everything was wiped out! I wanted to cry (and slug her). Luckily, I kept most of the emails from Laurie so I have tried to restore the settings but my husband says "it was a little better before" so I guess I'll try tweaking a few settings (or bother Laurie once again).

Sharon

Oh, Sharon, that is so frustrating when someone says "yes" and they really have no clue. I will cobble together the e-mails and we can redo the settings. Sharon & all -- it is never a bother -- please PM or post any time with any BiPAP/Trilogy issue.

Best,
Laurie

I hope you email that RT and inform her that it did indeed wipe out the settings, settings that she is unable to figure out, and that it cost you time and stress, and it cost Frank as well as someone who voluntarily helped you fix it.

Gee does it sound like it made me angry just to hear about it???

Looking for help with Trilogy settings for my husband. He just got it but not comfortable with the way its working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back