View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 07:03 AM #11 (permalink)

City: Lancaster
State: PA
Diagnosed: 12/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
tripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of light
City: Lancaster
State: PA
Diagnosed: 12/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
tripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of lighttripete is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Man Up - Grow a Pair

To answer a few questions. The idea for this post came after reading a couple of the CALS post where the CALS where not being treated the way a women should be let alone a women who cares for our needs the way they do. My wife and I have often talked about how "men" just do not treat women the way they should.

I was diagnosed in late November 2014 after a 2 year ride on the medical roller coaster to find out what was going on. My condition, I have respiratory onset, and while I can still use most of my parts my respiratory system is all but gone and I have been directed by my clinic to get Hospice care.

I do not take exception to anyone's comments - fire away.

Rules for Manning Up!

1) The object of your love is more important than you are - You are not the issue but the one you love is. Stop thinking about yourself and all your "woes" and start thinking about your lady. This is the most important rule and all other rules come from this one.

2) The little things matter - Open the damn door for her. "But I'm in a wheelchair and its to hard" my guess is that even when you where not in a chair you didn't open it for her either, you just opened it and went in yourself and left her behind. I see it every day and it is rude, inconsiderate and shows a complete lack of testicles. I wheel my chair to the door and open it - its the way a man does things. Send her flowers. You are reading this so the computer works - let her know shes special.

3) Take the bullet for her - I would die for my wife, I say it and I mean it. If you say it, than do it. Anything that comes into our lives that can hurt her is a bullet, bad physical news, in laws, visitors, etc. Step in front of it ("But I am in a wheelchair" - Then roll in front of it). Blunt every shot if not remove it. So you hurt - who cares! She is more important than you! A man with a pair always takes the difficulties and the hardships and uses himself to shield her, stop whining and focus on protecting.

I can add more rules if the estrogen in your whimp a$$ body is keeping the above rules from getting through to your scrotum.

Live by the rules!