View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 07:33 PM #13 (permalink)

City: Poquoson
State: VA
Diagnosed: 04/2014
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
JimInVA is a jewel in the roughJimInVA is a jewel in the roughJimInVA is a jewel in the roughJimInVA is a jewel in the rough

City: Poquoson
State: VA
Diagnosed: 04/2014
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
JimInVA is a jewel in the roughJimInVA is a jewel in the roughJimInVA is a jewel in the roughJimInVA is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Perhaps a final Thank You...

fionae,

I did not have the privilege of getting to know you as Laura... or to spend time with you via PM's or other posting areas. But I feel as if I know you as fionae. There was a time when I posted often and was a grateful participant here. I continue to remain appreciative for the opportunity to participate here... and for the many loving souls that I've encountered. My own PALS, Darcey, continues to wake to each new day... hopeful that it will be as fulfilling and loving as the day before... but she also grows weary and admits that she is ready to retire. It is often difficult to read of the next new person's story of surprise and shock for their new diagnosis... even though I know that most will find the best segment of their lives have yet to be lived. But I find that I care for each of you with a near equal love and concern as I have for my own sweet Darcey... and it only seems to magnify every emotion that I feel. I am privileged to share so many feelings with so many wonderful people... PALS and CALS alike. Unfortunately, I find that I'd rather just hug you all over talking or posting within the forums. And for you... Laura, if I may... I thank you for the time that you could spend and did share with us. It DID have impact and was important. I hope that, like Darcey and me, that you found a new depth of understanding for life, love and a strengthened appreciation for who each of us are as individuals... yet still a part of some unexplained "collective".

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and hugging us with the essence that is YOU... before you could no longer do so. I consider myself a "manly man"... but the tears on my face are happy ones... for the special place that you (and so many others) have made in my heart. I hope that you will find reason to smile and feel at peace for the special person that so many of us know you to be. And I hope that you will find joy in the days that still lie before you. My best, fionae/Laura, to you and yours...

Jim