08/2015
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Diego
Dearest Fellow Members,

I know that there are so many newcomers here, contending with this horrible, horrible nightmare of ALS.

There are so many new names, and sadly, I dont see that many of the names from the past whom I felt I knew so well, anymore.

I haven't been here for a long time.

I used to be fairly active.

It is difficult, in many different ways, for me to come to forum anymore, as I have progressed in this cruel, cruel, insidious disease.

All of You, Please always be thankful for Dearest Tillie, who gives, and gives, and then always gives some more.

Please always be thankful for our Dear "Moderators", who do so very much, an incredible amount, for ALL of us.

Please be thankful for our Dear Deb ("ScaredWife"), and our Dear Kim (I have lost so much memory, I am not sure what her "user name" on the forum is).
And our Dear Janelle ("Green Queen").

They do not give of themselves lightly, for they suffer, yet continue to give and give.

I know I have to be forgetting some of the 'Dear Saints' here, my memory has become so impaired from the ALS.

I am so very sorry, but you do live in my heart.

Please never forget all of these Dear Souls...who give to you freely, despite their own suffering.

I don't know how many times I will be able to return in the future.

My thoughts are with EVERYONE here on the forum, members who have been here longer, new members, caregivers, Everyone Here.

I may not join in much anymore, but I think of All of You.

I sometimes feel forgotten, but that is me having a Pity Party for myself.

I DID always try to be there for as many people as I could.

But I was never as knowledgeable, strong, persevering as so many of you here were.

I love all of you...

I am not sure how much longer ALS will allow me to live, but I need to tell you that now.

I don't mean ALS will necessarily take me anytime that soon.

But I want to express my love and gratitude to ALL OF YOU.

I have no idea what I would have done without this forum.

You are all dear to me...

I am so sorry that you are on this journey for yourselves, or for your loved ones.

Please, I want to thank Everyone.

I know I've been amiss at times.

Sincerely, and forever,
Laura.

Beautiful Laura xxxxx

I talk to Laura very regularly by email, and she is an amazing lady

As a newcomer going through the diagnostic process, thank you. Beautiful words
Wendy x

Laura, you will always have a special place in my heart.

You were really kind to me when I joined, which I shall always remember.

x Ells.

Laura, you have become a staple here. If you ever felt forgotten, I am so sorry. I wish that I had more to give so that no one ever felt forgotten.

You are beautiful and will be missed. When you can, please check back in. You are loved.

Knowledge is important here, but so is love, compassion, understanding, which you have in abundance. Please don't ever question your value.

Much love sweet lady.

Becky

Hi Laura. I think you have ESP. I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering ( worrying) how you were.

It is good to hear from you but sorry things are so hard

You are part of our family whether you can post or not but drop in if you can- even if it is just to say hi on the PALS roll call

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder Fiona, you are special, sending hugs,
Luv Gem

Laura - - - and thanks to you as well. Please continue to hang in with us.

Fiona, Please remember our hearts and thoughts will carry you around with all of us. We will miss uou if you dont co e around. And as nuts said, you have all of our compassion,love,and support. So even if you cant join in, read if you can because we all love you

Laura , miss you, and love ya. Stay strong and you are in my thoughts . Love ya chally

Sending you love, Laura. xx

Dear Laura,
I so appreciate all the wonderful, helpful e-mails you have sent me. They will remain in my heart forever. Thank you for the encouragement and especially for your prayers. Keep e-mailing me when you feel up to it.
Love to you from Kim and Ace.

fionae,

I did not have the privilege of getting to know you as Laura... or to spend time with you via PM's or other posting areas. But I feel as if I know you as fionae. There was a time when I posted often and was a grateful participant here. I continue to remain appreciative for the opportunity to participate here... and for the many loving souls that I've encountered. My own PALS, Darcey, continues to wake to each new day... hopeful that it will be as fulfilling and loving as the day before... but she also grows weary and admits that she is ready to retire. It is often difficult to read of the next new person's story of surprise and shock for their new diagnosis... even though I know that most will find the best segment of their lives have yet to be lived. But I find that I care for each of you with a near equal love and concern as I have for my own sweet Darcey... and it only seems to magnify every emotion that I feel. I am privileged to share so many feelings with so many wonderful people... PALS and CALS alike. Unfortunately, I find that I'd rather just hug you all over talking or posting within the forums. And for you... Laura, if I may... I thank you for the time that you could spend and did share with us. It DID have impact and was important. I hope that, like Darcey and me, that you found a new depth of understanding for life, love and a strengthened appreciation for who each of us are as individuals... yet still a part of some unexplained "collective".

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and hugging us with the essence that is YOU... before you could no longer do so. I consider myself a "manly man"... but the tears on my face are happy ones... for the special place that you (and so many others) have made in my heart. I hope that you will find reason to smile and feel at peace for the special person that so many of us know you to be. And I hope that you will find joy in the days that still lie before you. My best, fionae/Laura, to you and yours...

Jim

Laura,
Stop by or lurk any time.
We are here whenever you want to talk.

Best,
Laurie

lovely words and lovely thread, I don't post often enough but I do read a lot, its just so hard to get my thought processes together in order to write a meaningful post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back