Thread: DC-Advocacy Day
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 05:06 PM #4 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Nuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud of
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Nuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud of
Default Re: DC-Advocacy Day

I know this is the PALS subforum, but since this is the latest thread on Advocacy Day I figured I'd continue the conversation here.

The three "asks" for tomorrow--the three topics that ALSA believes we can make the most progress on--are:
- Dormant Therapies: providing incentives for drug companies to research using drugs created for other diseases that have been shelved because patents are expired.
- Preserving access to complex rehab technologies: CMS has proposed using competitive bid pricing to complex rehab power cheek hair connects such as head supports, seating systems, adjustable leg rests, etc.
- Waive the SSDI five month waiting period

It's going to be a grueling day, but we're ready!

Oh--Matt had another chair incident today. He moved the table during lunch about six inches. You should have seen the people on the other side of the table jump!! Never a dull moment...

Becky
Thanks from
scaredwifetx (05-10-2016)