Thread: DC-Advocacy Day
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 04:06 PM #4 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Nuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to behold
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Nuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to beholdNuts is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: DC-Advocacy Day

I know this is the PALS subforum, but since this is the latest thread on Advocacy Day I figured I'd continue the conversation here.

The three "asks" for tomorrow--the three topics that ALSA believes we can make the most progress on--are:
- Dormant Therapies: providing incentives for drug companies to research using drugs created for other diseases that have been shelved because patents are expired.
- Preserving access to complex rehab technologies: CMS has proposed using competitive bid pricing to complex rehab power cheek hair connects such as head supports, seating systems, adjustable leg rests, etc.
- Waive the SSDI five month waiting period

It's going to be a grueling day, but we're ready!

Oh--Matt had another chair incident today. He moved the table during lunch about six inches. You should have seen the people on the other side of the table jump!! Never a dull moment...

Becky
Thanks from
scaredwifetx (05-10-2016)