Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
A PWC just for you (if I've posted this before forgive me. My brain is mush.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 341
Thanks Nutz........I actually posted pics of this same trike about a year or so ago. They run about 6 grand, so I will prolly opt for a PWC when the day comes.

Unfortunately I am destined for this, but I am not going down without a fight. It is a mental game for me. I know what my physical limitations, but fight to not give and just stay in the game.

I fear giving up the battle, cuz I know it will be my demise.

Attachments

• mini 2.jpg
    mini 2.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 232
  • mini 3.jpg
    mini 3.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
My friend, I hope you can pick a new battle when YOU decide to get a chair. I've come to understand the need to call the shots, so I won't lecture anymore about energy conservation (but the speed is kind of fun), but who says you can't call it a win if you pick the date and then select another step to push back on ?

I'm sitting in the waiting room while attendant controls are added to Matt's Permobile. He agreed after falling so heavily asleep that he couldn't wake to drive. He did make me promise not to take control against his wishes. Always the boss !

Nuts....Steve said I was dangerous with the attendant controls:). I think it was because he didnt know when to expect direction or speed changes

Steph, I'm clearly going to need to practice without him in the chair!!!!

I found the attendant controls really simple to use, just practice a bit without him in it, and also practice in it with the joystick, it gives you a good feel.

Also you can learn how to line things up to navigate in narrower places :)

All I can say Tillie is with a man giving me direction, and me not knowing what I am doing but trying to figure it out, was a recipe for disaster. I finally took his chair for a spin. It is a real eye opener for a cals.

I totally agree gooseberry!

When our first PWC arrived, the OT wasn't coming until the next day. We had been told - do not use it until she sets it up for us and gives some training.

yeah right...

I got in the chair and had some fun testing it out, on turtle mode of course. It was fun and I didn't try to go anywhere narrow, just round and about a bit. It was good to get a feel for it.

But then of course Chris really wanted a try too as he had been watching me. Now all the trouble I always had with him asking for equipment then staring in horror when it arrived and refusing to use it, well what is a girl to do? So I put him in the chair.

He jammed, and I mean jammed it in a doorway very quickly.

I learned a lot about that chair before the OT ever got here. I had to get to either side of it a few times which involved going through the house, out the front door and right around to the back of the house. I was quite hot and exhausted by the time I managed to finally unjam the rotter. We did a lot of giggling though, and we agreed we should wait for the OT after that :twisted:

I had visions of needing to totally dismantle half the back verandah at one point!

But I sure learned a LOT about navigation after that, and so did Chris :)

Oh yes, a man giving me direction while I'm trying to figure something out is NOT a good situation!! I've tried to put myself in hubby's place a few times. I lifted myself with the hoyer. I haven't done it with the ceiling lift, but the hoyer was enough--he "drives" unless he's asleep. I put him in the sling and hand him the controls and TRY to let him know what I"m doing at all times. I've driving the chair a number of times and do realize how tricky it can be. I can't imagine having someone else at the controls behind me. I will practice a LOT before putting him through that!!

The other thing I tried out was the bidet. Hmmm--love it, but I can see where someone else on the remote might be unsettling!!

Becky

Someone else with the remote is entertaining, Becky;).

Bigmark, you are awfully quiet, dude. Remembernit is always best to be the driver and not the driven:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back