Diagnosis
12/2007
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Conneaut
My father has just been informally diagnosed with ALS.
How difficult is the road ahead going to be?
What should I expect?

Sorry about your dad. First, go the www.alsa.org website. Register him and check out the knowledge base there. That'll give you the technical stuff and then come here to ask specific questions from the people living with it. Good luck.
AL.

Great advice from AL, our resident ALS expert!

Sorry to hear about your dad-in-law. Your berst bet is to inform yourself as much as possible about the disease, and both the ALS website and this forum are a great place to begin. DOn't forget the search feature from the button at the top of this screen! :-D Cindy

Sorry to hear about your Dad.. You need to inform and learn as much as you can to prepare yourself for this horrible disease.. You need to take care of your Dad..and be there for him.. and live today as if it's the last day.. Whenever I ask Mom, how she is.. her reply is ALWAYS yesterday was a better day..

I remember when Mom was diagnosed few years back..and the thought of loosing the use of her arms, or hands, seemed to be the end of the world.. But as we grew in this dease together.. it seemed hard.. but not as hard because I checked in here, listened to people who have gonme through it..

This time in her ALS life I am finding the most depressive part of the disease. Fantastic people here.. and they will help YOU whenever they can.. Great place to be..:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back