Mia22

Reason
Other
Country
CA
State
Canada
City
Hey guys I wanted to ask u if this symptoms can speak for ALS :eek: ?

If im walking it feels like I have no control of my legs and that the feeling in my legs is not really there.. I cannot even explain this.! I am already very scared to walk and so on. :-|
Other symptoms I have:
- sometimes numbness in my hands
- weakness in hands and legs (It feels really weird)

But the gait problem is the worst.. :/

My neurologist did already:
- MRI head 2x (came out good)
- reflex check (just bit too fast)
- EEG (good)
- EMG (good)
- NCV (good)

No one really can tell why I am going like this but they say maybe its the hypothyroidism that was diagnosed, but idk.. Maybe you guys know? What can it else be??

I am 23 years old AND guys I really appreciate any answer and help of u! THX a lot in advance!

MIA, I wouldn't worry about ALS if I were you. But you should continue to get that walking problem fixed.

A good EMG is great news. An EMG would see ALS, if it were there.

At 23, the odds of getting ALS are ridiculously low. This is a disease for 50-60 year olds.

ALS is a brain disease that destroys motor neurons in the brain, so the nerves can't send the 'go' signal to the muscle it controls. So that particular muscle just doesn't work anymore. It's paralyzed, limp, useless, no matter how much you want it to go. And there is no feeling associated with that weakness, no numbness, no weird feeling, nothing.

Typically, the first muscle to go is in the hand or foot. But you said you lost control of both your legs and it feels weird and numb. So that doesn't call out ALS to me.

Dear Atsugi,

thank you a lot for your very clear and good answer, and sorry for my english its not the best!
It really not so sound of ALS after your words but I am really scared because the legs are the part of the body that gives a certain strength and control feeling. But I am really feeling like I can not move on anymore, and I have no idea why.. and also have numbness in my hands, like they become weaker, its really freaking scary! But yes you are right, I should get it fixed its just the Docs didnt find anything and they say that it could be a psychical problem (could be) but I have no idea if this really can come from the mind!

Thanks again a lot! 100 times!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back