Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Il
City
Il
Two months agoI started to experience shortness of breath. Iwent to my PCP then had a chest x-ray followed by a CT scan that all came back normal. The symptoms of shortness of breath have went away after one month. Since then I have been experience weakness in my quads when going downstairs. A week or so later I started to notice weakness in my hands, forearms and in my calves, shins and feet. My legs feel tight and weak. I notice a little difficulty with walking. My pcp did muscle testing reflexesand muscle enzyme blood work that all came back normal. This is all taken place over the last eight weeks. Any suggestions of what could be going on.

I'm confident ALS is not in the picture, but if the weakness persists and/or the shortness of breath returns, I'd see a neurologist. There are way too many possibilities to guess.

If you have a desk job and don't do regular stretching/walking/deep breathing, this might be a good time to start. Sometimes deconditioning can cause symptoms like these. A massage and hot tub never hurt, either.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you for the reply. I forgot to mention I do have occasional muscle twitching noticed it in left lateral shin and L deltoid, but has not been consistent. Seems like a lot of symptoms in a short period of time. I test my grip strength several times a week and have not seen a decline yet. I have also been keeping track of my single leg heal raises I went from only being able to do 30 to 45 in two weeks. Also started with doing 12 push-ups I'm now able to do 22. I do suffer from anxietyso I don't know if that could be contributing to this. I'm just very confused do to never having symptoms like this.

Any other thoughts out there?

There's no possibility of ALS there. No idea why you would think of ALS with those "symptoms."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back