Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say we tried that and it gave him awful diarrhea so we had to stop��

Oh what a great strategy! I love the idea of a 'go between' - someone who isn't immersed totally in the emotional side of day to day dealing with ALS being able to filter for you. I doubt your friend will feel a need to pass any information to you if their filter is working well :)

Thanks for this update, this will be so useful to others, as I didn't even think of someone helping you this way!

That's really brilliant. I am keeping that one in my back pocket for future use.

It really was helpful! And now I call her my C.I.O. (Chief Info Officer). Although I like the diarrhea comment too--that would probably limit the conversation ;-)

There sure could be some value in giving her too much information ... :lol:

Cody--she is making you uncomfortable and you don't deserve that on top of everything else!!! she thinks she is helping you but she has crossed a line in politeness and helpfulness and you have every right to put her in her place.

Don't have to be ugly--I would send her an email (not a follow up to one of hers--a new one) and just let her know that while you understand that her heart is in the right place she is placing stress on you andyour family and she is not doctor nor does she understand everything that she is talking about. You will probably have to be quite direct with her and tell her that you have read/listened to the information she has given you and you and your spouse chose to follow your own path. you don't need to apologize or explain what you choose to do. and you should probably also directly ask her to stop pushing her cures on you otherwise she will continue.

if she gets pissy or her husband gets pissy, then piss on them! more than likely her husband doesn't even know the extent she is contacting you.

I hated when people did this to me!!!!!

OMG!

I'm sorry you are dealing with her.

I would talk with her face-to-face and tell her you appreciate her suggestion but do not want to pursue it. I would also tell her that her constantly trying to convince you is stressing you out. I would suggest that if she wants to be of help, she can go grocery shopping, pick up your husband's meds, clean your refrigerator, etc......that will most likely put the run on her.

It really was helpful! And now I call her my C.I.O. (Chief Info Officer). Although I like the diarrhea comment too--that would probably limit the conversation ;-)

Be sure to go into as much detail as possible, things like color, consistency, odor, collateral mess, etc...

Now I'm feeling just a little bit evil, but maybe you can suggest that you followed all she suggested and have this incredible diarrhea reaction and need her to come and care for you for a couple of days as you need to be cleaned up every hour or so and everyone is exhausted .... :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back