Other
Country
US
State
IL
City
Niles
Hello Everyone,

First I would like to say Happy New Year!

I am a 22 year old male and have been experiencing some symptoms that I am concerned of.

I have been getting twitching all over my body for around 1.5 months, but what I have been concerned with as of late is my left forearm. I have had sensations of minor cramps and very fine twitches close to the skin. These types of twitches are only in my left forearm and feel like individual strands. I recently had an EMG around a couple of weeks ago, but the technician did not test my forearms. The areas tested in my upper body where my cervical spine, deltoid, tricep, bicep, and multiple areas in hands. My left forearm muscle which faces outward feels a little stiff and tight compared to my right. I have no objective weakness, but it feels slightly sore and fatigued.

My questions are...

1. Do I need another EMG?

2. If it was early ALS would it be seen in other parts of my arm?

Thank you!

Good news for you - yes the EMG would have discovered ALS, so it was clean and you can go back to your doctor and look for something that is common and happens in young people. You see ALS is rare and is an older persons disease.

Please also read our sticky so we don't have to keep typing the same answers as we need to give as much support as we can.

All the best

Tillie

Hello affected,

Thanks for your reply,

I know that ALS is for older individuals and I have read up on a lot of things that has been increasing my anxiety. Originally my neuro said I might have MS so I had an MRI done and nothing showed but a minor arachnoid cyst.

My only worry is that the technician did not check my forearm and that has been the most odd of all my symptoms and I was wondering if it was starting to waste away if it would show on any other part of my arm or hand.

I really do appreciate your input.

Thanks

We get that question a lot. The EMG will pick it up. You've been cleared.

You didn't describe ALS symptoms. Twitches are very, very common. Don't sweat it. Enjoy your life.

Please read the sticky. Don't say thanks for your reply and then ask more questions, read the sticky instead.

Your questions are all answered there and we took a lot of time and effort to create that post to help people like you. I am sorry you are so anxious, a doctor can help you through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back