Diagnosis
12/2012
Country
US
State
OK
City
Midwest city
Hi. My husband died in July. The VA had installed a remote control ceiling lift for him, I am planning to donate it to a family that need it. I have had it off the charger and unplugged for some time, I plugged it back in today and it's not working. The indicator light on the thing that plugs into the wall is green and the emergency switch is not activated. The remote has a new battery. Would it take a long time for the lift batteries to recharge? I don't want to give them something that's not working. Before I unplugged it it worked fine. Thanks.

Amanda,
How nice of you to donate your lift. Batteries that haven't been used in months typically discharge to some extent. If nothing else is wrong, they could charge up in a few hours. However, it is also possible that after that many months, they may not hold a charge. There's only one way to find out...Still, it would be much less for someone to buy new batteries than an entire lift!

Best,
Laurie

Ours has an emergency pull cord so that the person being moved can stop the lift at any time. We found that switch stuck once, which prevented any movement despite all the lights being on. If you have a cord like that, you might try manually toggling the switch to see if it is stuck.

Good luck. I'm sure the family you are donating this to will be forever grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back