Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Francisco
I pray for each and everyone of you guys each and every day. I am so sorry to take some of your valuable time but I've been experiencing some really scary symptoms over the past three months. I am a 50-year-old male who has been experiencing pain in the arches of both feet and calves for the past three months.. This pain comes and goes throughout the day but presents itself at night 2 to 3 times per week. This pain can be described as tight, nagging dule pain. The pain is not from a spasm or Charlie horse. I cannot see any type of bugs crawling underneath my skin. The pain is just a real dule right aching pain. I have had a complete blood panel done and there are no deficiencies or problems that could be detected. I drink plenty of water and for the most part am in great health. There is no weakness whatsoever. I can get on the stair climber and hike 150 floors and ride my bike up to 20 miles

I've also been experiencing minor twitching throughout my entire body. The leg will twitch one or two times. Then 10 minutes later the other leg will twitch one or two times. 10 minutes later the arm will twitch. I just experience minor twitching throughout my entire body.

Again I am so sorry to bother you with this question but could these minor dole pain's and body wide twitching be the initial symptoms of ALS. Any help you can provide me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much

No they really don't sound remotely like ALS. As I believe you were told in 2012 ALS is not sensory that is not about feelings like aches and pains. Please note that the people who had ALS who answered last time are almost all dead and those who were caring for a loved one are all bereaved and you are still doing massive amounts of stairs.
Please visit your doctor to see what might be the issue. Your answer is not here in my opinion

Thank you so much for your response. I truly appreciate it. Again I pray for each and every person that is been affected by this terrible disease. The thing that scares me the most is that I have never had symptoms like this ever before. I did not have this degree of symptoms back in 2012. Again I was looking for insight to what other people with this disease experienced in their initial symptoms. I've read several threads where people's initial symptoms involved tightness and pain in their feet and twitching all over their body. I just wanted to see if there was anyone out there that could help me understand the symptoms better. I've set up an appointment with a neurologist but unfortunately it's three weeks from today. I'm just running scared and need some advice.

J, first I want to acknowledge that you were treated rudely in 2012. I am surprised to see how much tension was on the board then.

And I really agree with Nikki. You have never expressed anything like ALS, then or now. The pains and twitches you feel have nothing to do with ALS.

ALS destroys the motor neurons in the brain which would normally tell the muscles to move. Since the signal doesn't get through, the muscles remain limp, useless, paralyzed. They don't feel painful, tired, numb, or weird. They just don't go. You fall down. The problem doesn't come and go. Once the motor neurons in your brain start being destroyed, it just gets worse until all the muscles in your body are limp and you die.

As Nikki said, most of the people who answered your identical question in 2012 are dead now.

Time for you to go. See your doctor if you're concerned.

--Mike

Thank you so much Mike. Just scary having all this cramping at night in my feet. It has been going on for 3 months and there have been so many people who stated that their initial symptoms were cramping and wide spread twitching. I don't have any weakness just these crazy twitches and dull cramps....thank you

Actually, while many people in the DIHALS section here report twitching/cramps, rarely do they have ALS. The hallmark of ALS is being physically unable, really unable, no doubt about it, to do something you were previously able to do.

I would suggest you get your electrolytes checked, and meanwhile enjoy a delicious banana smoothie, which contains some.

All the best.

Thank you so much for your response. I had two bananas 24 ounces of water and a big glass of milk and I still have the nighttime cramping. I'm so sorry to bother you all but I just read in so many areas where cramping and twitching were the initial symptoms of ALS. Thank you again and God bless

The symptoms you describe could be dehydration...low calcium, low magnesium, low potassium or all of the above. Your massive exercising could be dehydrating you and you don't realize it. Please see a doctor. ALS is not about pain....it's about WEAKNESS. This SHOUKD make you feel better!?

Thank you so much. I am learning more and more about this disease. The information out there can be so confusing. I continue to have night cramping and twitching throughout my body both feet. The good news is there is no weakness. I will keep donating money to this cause so we can find a cure. May god bless you and thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back