View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 04:18 AM #8 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
Nuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud of
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
Nuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud of
Default Re: More issues with medical equipment and medicare

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich5 View Post
i dont understand what the 'medicare competitive bid program' is. does that mean it wont be available to us? or that well have to pay out of pocket? or something else entirely? thx
Mich5, competitve bidding means that instead of your provider selecting the best headrest, controls, etc, and simply ordering them, that multiple manufacturers/DME companies etc would be invited to bid on providing them and the lowest bidder generally gets the order. This slows the process and does not guarantee that our PALS will recieve exactly what is needed, which in the case of ALS is vitallly important.