Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
This time it is wheelchair add ons. Please act on this if you live in the US. Takes only a few minutes to send the form letter. You may customize if you want
Home

Done Nikki! This insanity doesn't end! Steph

I customized my letter:

My wife died of ALS, a fatal, incurable paralyzing disease. Please cosponsor H.R. 3229/S. 2196, to help preserve "complex rehabilitative technologies" (CRT), which play a critical role in the lives of people living with this horrific disease.

Without CRT, a paralyzed person cannot hold their head upright or move around the house or avoid pressure sores.

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has announced that it will apply Medicare competitive bid program pricing to Complex Rehab wheelchair accessories effective January 1, 2016. This is contrary to the intent of past legislation (MIPPA 2008) that exempts CRT from competitive bidding.

CMS has refused formal, bipartisan, bicameral requests to rescind their policy change.

It is critical that Congress pass H.R. 3229/S. 2196 before the scheduled cuts take effect on January 1, 2016.

Please cosponsor the legislation. Contact Matt Scott in Representative Zeldin’s (R-NY) office at [email protected], Gillian Mueller in Senator Casey’s office at [email protected], or Sarah Johnson in Senator Portman’s office at [email protected].

Sincerely,

I customized also, to encourage them to examine the whole DME rental fee ripoff. Never hurts to ask.

Nikki - Thanks for posting this. I sent a letter off
Dianne

i dont understand what the 'medicare competitive bid program' is. does that mean it wont be available to us? or that well have to pay out of pocket? or something else entirely? thx

My letter has also been sent off

i dont understand what the 'medicare competitive bid program' is. does that mean it wont be available to us? or that well have to pay out of pocket? or something else entirely? thx

Mich5, competitve bidding means that instead of your provider selecting the best headrest, controls, etc, and simply ordering them, that multiple manufacturers/DME companies etc would be invited to bid on providing them and the lowest bidder generally gets the order. This slows the process and does not guarantee that our PALS will recieve exactly what is needed, which in the case of ALS is vitallly important.

Signed, sealed, delivered!

Vince

got it. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back