Reason
Other
Country
IT
State
Roma
City
Roma
Hi all lovely people! If you can, please answer me some of my questions. Thank you for that!

4 days I have tightness in thorat and when speaking loud for some time I get some kinda spasam (not painful!) but I can speak even than fine, it's just strange feel. The pressure/tightness is in the trachea/oesophagus area...

More... It's been almost 4 weeks of everyday twitching all overy body, first noticed in left thumb and then all over body (today is better), mostly in legs but also in eyebrow, arms, when laying down sometimes I get twitches in my back on left side, sometimes in throat...

I got also some kinda problem with saliva. I mean I can swallow it, but it won't go automatically I mean I must swallow like I'm aware of that all of the time in this past 3-4 days.

One month ago I was with my neuro about my headache, Tension headache that I have... He checked my movements and some other things and said I'm fine but I dind't mention him ALS.

I can walk, and lift some weight, etc.

And this WHOLE month was really really anxious for me beacuse no matter what I do, I can get ALS out of my head and I was concerned about other possible diseases.

I'm 22 years old.

Forgot to add one more thing: I also have pleghm for one week or little more.

BOTTURA, don't worry about ALS. Treat your anxiety.
You didn't describe ALS at all.

ALS is a disease in the brain and brain stem that destroys motor nerves. Because it's destroyed, the motor nerve cannot send the "go" signal to its muscle, telling it to contract. Therefore, your muscle doesn't move. It lays limp and useless, paralyzed.

You mentioned headache, phlegm, anxiety, and tightness in the throat. These are not ALS.

Twitching is very common. It is easily caused by anxiety. It is so common it is not diagnostic of anything. Many perfectly healthy people twitch.

You don't have ALS. You have anxiety.

Hey, thank you a lot! You are a good man!

I know I'm boring but I have to ask another question...

I fear Bulbar ALS... Because I have dry mouth, more like palate is dry and little more saliva... I mean, does people with Bulbar ALS can't automatically swallow saliva without thinking about it, but they can swallow if they want?

I can swallow, the problem is I always need to swallow "manuall" in these past 4 days...

Meaning you have to think about swallowing? No ,people with bulbar can't make their tongues move or swallow just by thinking hard about it. Common with anxiety though. You are not describing ALS

Thank you Nikki J, thank you very much! Nikki, I was reading today on this forum when one of forum members said that you can swallow saliva but automatic process (you know when you are not thinking about that cuz its just like breathing) is lost as some early sign... that was really scared me..

Meaning you have to think about swallowing? No ,people with bulbar can't make their tongues move or swallow just by thinking hard about it. Common with anxiety though. You are not describing ALS

My hands feel weak... And i still have tighteness feel in throat... and was little pain for a 3 seconds today...

pain in the throat on left side more and neck pain a little today was*

Nope, still no ALS. But more reason to think of anxiety.

Instead of wasting your time here getting more stressed, you should ask your doctor to look into your anxiety and get that fixed.

Thanks, Atsuqi. It's always GREAT to have answer from someone like you! Your words really have some cure for me :) Thank you again!

OMG, I can't get ALS out of my head... You said it's not ALS... But with weak feeling hands, tightness in throat and NOW I had for 3-4 seconds some tingling in TONGUE for the first time and I think it was twitching a little maybe not sure... Should I just leave this forum!? Is it better?

People, I'm really sorry for my behavior... I dind't show any respect here i guess.. Sorry

Tingling in tongue is not an ALS symptom nor is a little twitch. You are right for your own good leave the forum. This is a very bad place for someone without ALS. It feeds your anxiety. Stay away from ALS sites and medical symptom searches
Get your medical information from your doctor and be honest with him/her about your anxiety over this

Good luck

Dear Nikki J, thank you again for your answer like really THANK YOU!

Goodbye and stay positive

OMG! Again me... Sorry about this. I didn't was anxious today, but I had some borning twitches yesterday and today (even now, when sitting), have twitches in right leg in Hamstrings, (URL unneeded. Mod)
And I had twitches in past two days in nose. Also, from time to time still experiencing tightness in throat area like lumph :/

And when that happen (when that Hamstrings start twiching), I start worrying about ALS. I mean I can walk, I can jump, but this is driving me crazy. I done some exercise with my legs too before this started to happening.

I was with a neuro about one month ago, he checked me but about Headache not ALS. I also had cartoid colour dopler. Also had eyes check... all fine.

Now i dont feel like going again to doctor, cuz im seak of it.

Bottura, you really don't need to be here, on an ALS website. Indeed, you're wasting your time looking into this disease when you've been assured you don't have it. In fact, it is not good for your mental health to be looking at websites about fatal diseases you don't have.

I must insist you stay away. We are very busy with people who are dying from this horrible disease, and we don't have time to deal with you, who does not have ALS. You're being rude to keep using our time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back