Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tucson
I expected this to happen. Medicare is sending me the paperwork to appeal the denial of the elevator seat. Has anyone had any luck getting this decision reversed? If so, do you have advice on what to put on the appeal form?

It's so crazy that they don't think the elevator seat is medically necessary. How are we supposed to stand up?

Did the justification include safe transfers to things such as beds and exam tables? I think that's what worked with our insurance company.

Get letter from doc -- reduced fall risk for transfers/in toileting and other benefits related to ability to stand. Can't speak to success rate since Medicare did not supply our w/c. Include citation of relevant guidelines/literature.

Thanks Laurie and nuts. Very helpful as usual! I'll let you know how the appeal goes

I going through the same thing, they denied a seat lift because doctor didn't say I could walk. I have been trying to get a wheelchair since march, this is a joke. Paid into Medicare thirty years and when u need help to
Bad. I have sent a letter to my congressman in indiana , we will see if that helps. I hope u have better luck than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back