Diagnosis
4/2015
Country
US
State
or
City
bend
Re: PALS roll call Wednesdays ( or whenever)

still here, going quickly. diagnosed May of this year. Just got accepted to Hospice, and met with the prescribing doctor who can get me the Death With Dignity drugs by next week. Not ready to go yet, but I figure my legs will go in the next 3 weeks or so, left arm is not great, right one is going too. Sucks---at least I can breathe and swallow. The loss of mobility really blows.I have been enjoying sitting in the sunshine in the powerchair on my front porch...and rolling downtown. Not sure how this goes when I can't stand up anymore.

Re: PALS roll call Wednesdays ( or whenever)

still here, going quickly. diagnosed May of this year. Just got accepted to Hospice, and met with the prescribing doctor who can get me the Death With Dignity drugs by next week. Not ready to go yet, but I figure my legs will go in the next 3 weeks or so, left arm is not great, right one is going too. Sucks---at least I can breathe and swallow. The loss of mobility really blows.I have been enjoying sitting in the sunshine in the powerchair on my front porch...and rolling downtown. Not sure how this goes when I can't stand up anymore.

Hi LBH,
My wife also had a fast progression.
Are you doing hospice at home?
--Mike

Since Mike chose to start a conversation I made a separate thread as the PALS roll call is not an appropriate place for this. Lil if you wish not to continue the thread you can close it using thread tools

yes, hospice on board now. I have had trouble getting up out of bed for the last few days, and almost didn't make it off the couch yesterday. Right arm is going, which is the only decent appendage I had left at this point. It's freaking out all the friends who don't think it can go this quickly. I've gotten thru all the hoops for the drugs, I figure the rate I'm going I'll make it to Thanksgiving....I don't want to live where I have to hve 24/7 care, and can't move. I am thankful I live in a state with a choice---my daughter has come home to be here, my son will come in a few weeks. we'll spend time together and then I can just say goodbye to this crappy disease.....it just seems to be taking on a daily basis.

Lilblackhorse, I think I understand where you're coming from, and I totally agree you've got to do whatever you feel is the best for you.I'm really glad you have children who care. You must have raised them right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back